Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tingling and Adderall(adderrall)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Tingling and Adderall(adderrall)

I take Adderall (adderrall) and have daily for about five months and occasionally get an uncomfortable tingling/numbness on my arms and face but today it wasn't just uncomfortable, I thought I was going to die. While driving I began to feel a tingling sensation in my face, arms and legs. The sensation slowly intencified and soon my whole body was tingling unbelievably (worst in my chest and abbs). I steped out of my car and could barly walk and had little control over my muscles. My feild of vision closed to a small hole and I began to panic witch made the tingling evan worse. I called 911 and calmed down a little. The symtoms (symptoms) subsided compleetly in about 5 minutes. Thoughout the day i've had a few tingling epesodes but not as severe as the one before. Can adderall (adderrall) alone have this bad of an effect on circulation?

Did you ever find out if the tingling and numbness was related to adderall (adderrall)?  I am asking because I had been taking addrall for several weeks and experieced toe numbness/tingling which eventually expanded up my feet.  I stoped taking it immediately and told my doctor who doesn't see how the med and the experience is related.  He prescribed me ritalin instead, but befor i take it i want to determine the reasoning for my experience.  Although I have been off the adderall (adderrall) for weeks, i still have the numbess in one of my feet.

Thanks a bunch for your time. I hope you got better.
I have been taking Adderall (adderrall) for over a year and have the same experiences.  Doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and didn't think it was a connection with the medicine (which is crazy.)  When I stopped taking it, the symptoms went away but I did experience withdrawals for a while.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The symptoms could be due to the drug itself or due to overdose of the drug. However there are other possibilities too. Talk to your doctor ASAP.
This also looks like an episode of transient ischemic attack wherein the blood supply to brain is temporarily cut off. The episodes last for a maximum of 24 hours and then resolve or a new symptom starts. Please consult a neurologist. You will need to undergo a MRI of the brain.
The second possibility is seizures. Again a prompt evaluation is needed. You must however consult a neurologist as both the conditions could be serious.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!