Tingling pain in the skin
I sometimes from time to time feel a tingling pain in my skin.  The spot varies.  I some time feel it in my hands, my feet, my chest, my back and other places.  It is usually followed by an itch especially on hot days.  I have not yet suffered from any numbness. The tingling pain and itch usually appears when I exercise.  A couple of days ago I came to my doctor about the itch I get from the tingling pain and she suspects that it is caused from dry skin and hot temperature.  I am not sure if this is the reason behind the tingling pain and itch.  She subscribed a cream for the itch and I used it but the tingling pain just continued.  The cream helps with the itch but it did not do much to rid the tingling pain.  Can anyone tell me what I have and how to get rid of it?  Any advice would do. I understand that it may be paresthesias from my google search but can anyone confirm that it is paresthesias or something else?

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

Many causes of parasthesias are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the peripheries as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling in the knee and legs.

Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus.

You also need a neurological examination by a neurologist. You may need tests like Nerve Conduction Velocity etc.

. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.