Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tingling sensations on scalp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Tingling sensations on scalp

I am having frequent tingling sensations on my scalp. It happens all in less than five seconds a bunch of times a day. It feels like when you get goosebumps but only on the top part of my scalp. There is no pain or discomfort, it is just annoying and i I would like to know the cause for something like this and if its a sign of something serious. ( I also think I'm hypoglycemic, I seem to match up with many symptoms, but haven't gotten it checked out, I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it)
I also get the same sensations. I have anxiety issues and frequent panic attacks. I used to also get a burning sensation on the top of my head. An emergency room doctor told me that it was all part of my anxiety. It's amazing how much anxiety can affect your body. If you suffer from it. But, check with your doc first.
i get it when i get angry or panicky! yeah its not painful but i do wonder what causes it!
have you ever had lice? that is what it kinda sounds like, does it ever itch if so go get checked for lice and be sure to ur sugar test scheduled, that is nothing to play around with.
i have anxiety problems too (which is also one of the symptoms of being hypoglycemic, maybe it all ties together) and no its not lice, ive had lice once as a kid, so i can distinguish the difference. this is more of a feeling, i dont know how to describe it. but thank you all!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Tingling in the middle of the scalp can be due to several causes like occipital neuralgia, cervical migraine, localized patch of dermatitis or eczema or even dandruff and even due to infection in the underlying bone.
Please consult a skin specialist first and if skin lesions are ruled out, then consult a neurologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!