Tingly/Numb thumb and index finger
I am a 33yr old male who has had a tingly/numb sensation (sometimes it feels like when your armd or hand falls asleep and then wakes up) in my left thumb and index finger for the past 15 days. At first I thought it was from using a electric vibrating sander, but I only used it for a woodworking project during a 3/4 day period, and not more than 4-5 hrs a day. I have no other pain in my hand, wrist or arm. I have no idea what is causing this at all. It is also only in the tips of those two fingers. I was thinking it was CTS, but I don't have the arm or elbow pain. I have no bruising or lumps and do not ride a motorcycle or anything else that would consistently aggravate those fingers. I do type a lot and my job is a desk job. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum!
Your symptoms could be due to carpel tunnel syndrome. In this the median nerve is compressed at the wrist in a place called the carpel tunnel. Symptoms begin with numbness and tingling of the first three or two fingers from the thumb side. Treatment is usually by splints and steroid injections. Surgery may be required in some cases. This condition is common in those who use the key board, mouse etc a lot—like in computers or in typing jobs.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.