Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tiny burning sensation on top of shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm not sure how to describe but for the last few weeks I've had this on and off very mild burninglike sensation in a spot on my left shoulder. Like right now I feel it but tomorrow I may not. Literally its concentrated in one spot maybe the size of a dime and its always in that same spot, it does not travel. Its feels like its just below the skin, not deep in the joint. Pressing on the spot or moving my arm does not aggravate it at all and I don't feel anything like a bump or anything in the area. I can't figure it out. Its not a rash or anything on the skin as the skin looks totally normal on the spot. What else could it be.

Thanks in advance,
Adam
Thanks for writing to the forum!
If there is burning sensation in right shoulder, it means that the right diaphragm is being irritated. Burning in upper stomach usually due to acidity, GERD or reflux disease or hiatal hernia can all cause right diaphragm irritation. Heavy meals or acidity that cause distension of the duodenum or any cause for distension of the small intestine can cause referred pain/burning to shoulder. In your case it could be acidity. Generally diaphragmatic irritation can lead to frequent hiccups or even burps. Liver and gall bladder problems too can irritate the right diaphragm.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hi doctor,
But as I mentioned the burning is in my left shoulder, not my right one. Also the sensation is very tiny, maybe within a dime size area and its always in the exact same spot. Its near the top outermost part of the shoulder near the joint but as I said it does not seem to be joint related as movement does not change or aggravate it in any way.
A related discussion, Small burning sensations in specific areas was started.