Tip of tongue numb after being under general anesthesia
I had bladder surgery 3 weeks ago under general anesthesia and awoke with numbness on the the end of my tongue.  Also most foods taste salty.  Can someone help me with this?

It looks like pressure neuroprexia i.e  these areas of numbness are due to pressure effects on nerves. You probably had a laryngeal mask airway in your mouth during the operation or due to the posture during surgery and this may have caused pressure on a nerve going to your tongue.Don’t worry this effect is temporary and will go after a few days.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

SWJ
i had a mandibular wisdom tooth extraction five days back. it was traumatic. it took an hour and a lot of bone cutting. there were two stitches. my face was swollen for four days, and there was a lot of pain. i followed all the post extraction instructions. i am still on anti biotics and anti fungals and anti inflammatories. i have two problems...
1-there is very limited mouth opening. i am eating normal food now, but with much difficulty and pain. can't even open my mouth enough to brush my teeth easily. is it normal? it has been five days since the extraction...
2-the tip of my tongue feels burnt, since the extraction. you know the kind when one sips hot coffee? just like that. it's not nerve damage, isn't it? what should i do about it?