Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tired, headaches, achy, neck pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tired, headaches, achy, neck pain

I've not been feeling myself now since Christmas this year.  I get headaches (normally dull achey (achy) ones), pain in my neck, sometimes pain in my shoulders.  I'm not the best sleeper inthe world, and often wake during the night.  The main reason I'm worried is because it effects my sport and exercise.  I play soccer at the weekends and train during the week.  When I play, I often feel dizzy, my head hurts and I feel like I may faint. I feel tired and lethergic often.  I eat very healthily, drink lots of water, I'm quite active (walk to work every day, play sport).  I also tend to get run down very easily.  One other symptom is I get wind (flatulence) all the time.  Although I'm never sick, I worry maybe I'm intollerant to something I eat.  I've been tested for seliacs and I'm fine.  Also been tested for diabetes, liver, kidney problems.  Every blood test I've had has come back fine.  I'm constantly thinking maybe tomorrow I'll feel better, but it never happens.  Does anyone have any idea where I should go next.  My GP thinks there's nothing wrong.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Pain in the back of the head is often referred to as a cervicogenic (meaning: from the neck) headache because it often originates from an irritation in the upper cervical (neck) spine. This is because the nerves that supply the back of the head originate in the upper cervical spine.

Usually this kind of pain is worse with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture as when working on a keyboard for long hours.  It is seen most commonly in patients with whiplash injury and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine.
Such kind of headache can  also be caused by cervical spondylosis(a common degenerative condition of the cervical spine).Symptoms include neck and shoulder pain, suboccipital pain and headache.MRI neck is the diagnostic investigation of choice.
Rare causes of such headaches include Brain aneurysms, brain tumors, Brain infection like meningitis or encephalitis, stroke or TIA.

Pls get a CT back of head and neck or MRI neck to find out the confirmatory diagnosis.
Take care and do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank