Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Tired Hungry And always fighting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Tired Hungry And always fighting

I am 16 years old and for the past year i have been eating ALL the time. I am ALWAYS fighting with my parents and getting in trouble all the time. and i can sleep ALL day and still be tired when i wake up and lately i have had nightmares and thoughts of suicide. But i am too scared to fall asleep cause i think i wont wake up. what do i do?
Hey there, to be completely honest it's nothing for you to worry about, I'm sure.
I was 16 once and I was exactly the same.
I think it's probably just the fact that your body is changing, I mean, you're going through puberty!
Generally when you sleep for too long, you will still be tired when you wake up.
The only thing that worries me is that  you say you are thinking of suicide?
Try to work out what it is that is making you think like that, maybe have a couple of sessions with a counsellor?
I hope this helps :)
i work with teenagers in a psychiatric hospital and this is something i see a lot. it sounds like you may be depressed and lashing out in anger because of it. i would advise you though to seek help with a therapist and psychiatrist and do some outpatient therapy. suicidal thoughts are very serious no matter how fleeting they may seem and there are many different medications you can try that would have a very positive affect on your life. just please don't put this off because nothing gets better by ignoring the problem. you seem like you are willing to do the work it takes to get better and improve your life so please seek out professional assistance.
I would have to say that many of these issues are similar to what many teenagers go through, but if you have parents that are truly concerned with you and your health, then please go to them and talk to them. During your teenage years, it is difficult to discuss some things with your parents, but it can make lots of difference if you are able to talk with them. If you are unable to talk with them, please find someone else that you can talk to. You could even have a vitamin deficiency that is causing you all of the troubles and you would have to see a medical professional to verify this. I will keep you in my prayers and please respond if you need to talk more.