Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Toe Nails Falling Off

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Toe Nails Falling Off

My toe nail has been quite thick and yellowish for a while.  Yesterday it fell off.  All of my nails are very weak and can bend back with ease, but have never came off before.  I have psoriasis and thought this may be the cause, but i wasnt too sure so i asked my doctor who hardly even looked at it and just said " you have weak nails.  improve your diet'.  I took off all may nail polish to let my nails breath and the nail on the other big toe began to flake off.  is there any thing i can buy to stop them all falling off?  my doctor is not very helpful and wouldnt prescribe anything apart from a healthy diet.

thankyou
Tags: years
I am having the same thing happen to me. So yeah if anyone knows why this is happening please let us know!! Its embarrassing to wear sandals or to go to the pool where people can see your feet. Thanks.
Avatar n tn
it's a normal type of fungus that takes sometimes 6 months of taking a pill to cure
alot of people have this- at least on one toe- usually the big toe- your toenail turns yellow, peels and cracks, nothing to worry about
Avatar n tn
My 150 pound friend stepped onto my toe and broke it, but not only that but made my toe fall off. And im only 11 years old, do it did not feel good with 150 pounds onto my toe. Well im not positive if its broken but have a hard bump on the back of my toe. Please Help.
Avatar n tn
Hello. cut nails back as much as can, add vivks vaporub twice daily. Can wrap in plastic if smell or you do not want it on shoes or socks (let feet breathe dailt though) an ingredient in rub kills the fungus. Cheap and good home remedy and works too!!! amethystgerry
woops, that's vicks vaporub, not vivks!!! sorry
If it is happening to all your toe's see an Rheumatologist and have them run an ANA and check for Scleroderma
A related discussion, Multiple toenails coming off within two days? was started.