Toxicity and Confused? Needs Doctor in Chicago
Three months agao I accidently had a chemical spill on my hand.  From that point forward, I have had a procession of skin changes, muscle twitches, spasms and fatigue and pain throughout my body from my neck, including my stomach.  This came on very suddenly like an attack on my system.  Worse, I have lost 12 lbs. I have no stamina to even walk several blocks.  Before this episode, I could walk five miles a day. I have been to numerous doctors and have had a great deal of testing.  I am getting worse.  So far, I have heard this is fibromyalgia, yeast overgrowth, allergies, depression etc.  Everytime I try to explain that I think I have a toxic exposure problem, the doc just looks at me and shakes his head. Has anyone experieced thiese symptoms and does anyone kbnow a doctor in the Chicago area who can diagnosis a mystery illness? Thank you.
Toxic exposure to heavy metals will often show up in a hair analysis. They can pinpoint almost the date of occurence. Do you know what the chemical was? Did it burn your skin or cause a rash?
With your symptoms I would think a Immunologist is the right kind of doctor to see . University of Chicago has a good record of doctors , also Northwestern . Or look into a allergy and Immunology doctor . I hope this helps . I have had a serious mystery disease and it took 8 doctors and 4 years to get to the point I am almost diagnosed . It has similar symptoms to yours . I finally had a second bone marrow sample sent to the University Of Michigan , Immunology department and am traveling there soon to have one more done to finish my diagnoses . I feel for you , It's just the worst to be sick and not know , knowledge is power , I hope you find help for yourself soon , Take care , Wendy .
Thank you. Could one of you you refer me to someone specific? I am getting worse and geting desperate. I do not think it is metal, rather it was ammonia. Sorry to sound so desperate.
You may want to consult a medical toxicologist.
Try this link for information on ammonia exposure, and agencies to contact for information. The first is from one of the most useful medical websites I've found:

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic846.htm
http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/bt/chemical_terrorism/ammonia_tech.htm
ammonia wouldnt be causing those symptoms, you'd maybe get a rash or burn on your hand that would be gone within a couple weeks at most, it wouldnt explain things like weightloss and and muscle twitches 3 months after exposure.