Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Trachea Cracking and Popping

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Trachea Cracking and Popping

Hi i am sorry if this is something totally normal but having a history of cancer so things like this make me paranoid.
When i move my trachea side to side with my fingers i can feel a significant amount of popping and cracking in the area. Its been like this for a while and hasn't changed and i do not feel any pain from it. Is this normal? I do CT scans and PET a couple times a year just as follow up from cancer 3 years ago nothing has shown up in that area. I wanted to ask someone before i start to worry about it.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Normally you would not have any sounds. When was the last check up done? I would advise you to consult your specialist once.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Avatar n tn
About 1 month ago. But the doctor just palpated the neck area and did not actually move the trachea side to side which i would not expect him to do as a part of my normal check up. There are no audible Popping and cracking, but i can feel it.