Traveling Joint Pain
I am a 51 year old female.  I was diagnosed with follicular thyroid cancer in 2004 and have been taking levoxyl since that time. I also take a beta blocker for blood pressure.  I am kept in a state of mild hypothyroidism to discourage the cancer from returning.  Anyway - here's my problem.  For years, now, I have had severe joint pain that travels.  It begins suddenly and after a few months (or more) it will abruptly disappear and the joint will feel fine.  It started in my heels.  Then after months it went away and moved to my left hip. More months pass and one day my hip feels fine, and it soon travels to my right knee. and so on.  Now it's in my left foot and I'm hobbling around.  What is going on??? Any ideas?
This symptom of joint pain that moves around can be a symptom of Lyme Disease.

Carol

Since when are you having these symptoms? Are you on any medications? Is your blood pressure and blood sugar in the normal range? Have you consulted a doctor for your symptoms?

There could be several causes for the symptoms you are having. Have any xrays been done? Which joints are involved? Does the pain shift from one joint to another?

Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes stiffness and pain in the joints. Osteoarthritis involves growth of bone spurs and degeneration of cartilage at a joint. It is very common in adults older than 45 and can cause joint pain.

Joint pain may also be caused by bursitis (inflammation of the bursae). The bursae are fluid-filled sacs that cushion and pad bony prominences, allowing muscles and tendons to move freely over the bone.

For nonarthritis joint pain, both rest and exercise are important. Warm baths, massage, and stretching exercises should be used as frequently as possible.

Anti-inflammatory medications may help relieve pain and swelling. You could take some over the counter pain releif medications and apply some pain releif gels or creams to see if it helps with your symptoms.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.