Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Trembling sensation in lips and tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Trembling sensation in lips and tongue

I have been on an emotional roller coaster lately.  I am a 29 year old female who is usually healthy and happy.  At first I thought I had injured myself during a Zumba class as I had some pain and upset with my neck and back.  Having been in car crashes before and sustaining neck injuries in them I thought these had flared up again.  I started noticing however that my hands and arms would shake when I was holding things, even a cup of tea.  I went to see my Chiropractor who seems to think that the injury I have done to my neck and back is causing these shaking feelings due to all the connective nerves/tissues in arms and hands etc.

I still didn't take her explanation in as my dad has Parkinsons disease and I was convinced that this is what I have got too, as shaking is one of the physical symptoms.  I went to my GP too, who also thinks that what I have is related to my neck injuries and that the worrying about having Parkinson's is also making the symptoms worse.  She suggests stretching exercises and lots of deep breathing and calming thoughts (which is easier said than done).

In the past few days I have noticed that I am finding it difficult to relax my lips and tongue.  If I think about them, I can almost feel them tremoring too.  I wear a mouth guard at night as I do clench my teeth and grind them.  I was given this at the beginning of the year when I had bad toothache which was brought on after an extremely bad bout of flu.

The only other thing I feel I should mention is that I have lost some weight recently (21 lb), but this is a good thing and I don't think my body would react badly to that.

Does it sound like I have something I should be worried about, or is my anxiety playing even cruller tricks on my body?  Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated as I feel at the moment that I am falling apart.  Thanks