For the past 5 months I've been having chest pains, mild fever, increased heart rate and difficulty breathing. It's a dry cough and I also have post nasal drip. The chest pain is mainly on the left side and it is a sharp, stabbing pain from beneath my left breast and through my underarm and shoulder. The breathing trouble lasts most of the day whether I'm active or not. It feels like I'm breathing normally but I'm just not getting enough oxygen however, my oxygen levels were normal at my last appointment. I was given an Albuterol inhaler, Ventolin just in case but I'm hesitant to use it with my heart rate being as rapid as it is. I've been to 5 different doctors and I have appointments on an almost weekly basis. They're all stumped. I've had 6 EKGs, a dozen blood tests,lyme diseas test, CT scan of the head, echocardiogram and a thyroid test. Anxiety has been ruled out too. At my appointment this week I was told I have tachycardia (my resting heart rate was 105) and that I will need to see a cardiologist. The doctor would not give me a referral however, since I am uninsured and have a very low income.I was told to return once I am insured. We just recently discovered that the rental home we are living in has mold. The landlord will not take care of it and we can't afford to have it taken care of by specialists. Can mold allergies cause symptoms like these? Is that something a doctor could easily overlook? If it is unlikely to be mold, what else could it be? Thank you so much. This has been a nightmare for me and the doctors I've seen are just out of ideas.
Your situation is SCREAMING mycotoxins and mold related health issues!
You should report the mold to the health authority in your community if the landlord refuses to take care of it professionally. It is your right as tenant to
live in a safe and mold -free environment.
Your symptoms are consistent with extended exposure to mold and
you should be tested for mycotoxins, as well as your boyfriend/husband or whoever is living there with you.
It is also possible that you have a stage one candida infection-mold, yeast, fungus and candida are all within the same genre- and should you have it ,it will progress to stage 2 ,unless you do something about it.
You can do a saliva test-just search YouTube for it. very fast and simple to do on your own. it's just an indicative test, not diagnostic, but fairly accurate with what is really going on.
Low carb, low sugar diet will help a bit and so will the consumption of coconut oil starting with 1T daily and progressing to 3T in 3 weeks.
Coconut oil is one of the best antifungal agents + a lot more!
You can visit the coconut research center for details.
I'm not surprised that doctors will often overlook this.
There are people suffering from MS, after being subject to long term mold exposure, had mycotoxins in their bodies, doctors ordered all kinds of tests, never checked for any mold related problems, and after developing a systemic infectious condition, ms symptoms started setting in.
I don't want to cause you any undue worries, but you must aware of the risks, even if they may not be a very common occurrence.
This is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.
Thank you so much! We've been living here for almost 3 years and all my symptoms started 5 months ago. There were many more symptoms that my doctor diagnosed as an infection (nausea, dizziness, headaches, abdominal cramping, hot flashes, chills, etc) but they didn't know the source. I was put on antibiotics for 2 weeks and most of my symptoms went away. Now it's just the symptoms I described above. They are just hanging on and the doctors I've seen are stumped. It's been absolutely nerve wracking! Thank you for your answer. I always keep coconut oil in the house for my baking so I can start that immediately. :-) Thank you for your answer. I'll bring this up with my doctor next time I see her.
yes mold can make you very sick, and in most states if its black mold the landlord HAS to fix it and pay for the cost of it in full. Look up black mold and ask your Dr about it. Tachycardia can be caused by a lot of things, including a extra nerve in your heart, which causes incorrect QRS sigh waves, but the EKG should of caught that. If you can go to the free clinic, or contact health and human services and see if they can help good luck
I did actually contact the Health Department today and they told me that unfortunately this is one of the few states that give landlords all the rights and the tenants have very few. He is not required by law to remove the mold unless specifically stated in the lease. My only options are to move or pay for it myself. Both options are far beyond my financial situation. Just to have the mold inspected by a professional will be 200 dollars up front and that does not include the romoval of the mold. For me to move I will have to break my lease which will mean paying all the rent I would have paid had I not moved. It's an absolutely ridiculous situation. :-( My daughter saw a doctor today and he seemed to think the mold was the source of our recent health problems. He says we need to move or have it taken care of by a pro.
The Wisconcin Department of Health Services has a descent&simple guide on their website, how to eliminate mold form your house/apartment on your own.
It is sad to see that your state is disinterested to follow the lead of most other states and make the necessary changes in the law, to force landlords to remove any mold from their tenants residences, to ensure the well-being of their citizens. I would contact the state representative and have a serious discussion on this topic. Are they completely in the dark with this issue?
sorry to hear that. check this article out at nolo.com. Its a website for laws by professionals with links and tips and what you can and cant do, and where to find this information out at.
Usually, if I kid in involved things change. Meaning child endangerment laws all that jazz. Check with CPS, Child Protection Services, online for your state, also look up state tenet laws. One common thing is some states is if the mold is caused by leaking water, you can withhold rent until its paid. BUT CHECK FIRST. Lastly, look at your local city or town, they could have added ordinances that deal with this. It might now help you right this second, but it can keep others from renting this place after you and going through the same issues. If your low income, see if you qualify for HUD or whatever its called now. Its no longer a program that puts people in the "hood" Also, call a lawyer, most will give you options for free. Also write your congressman, state and federal. They love issues that make them look good by helping kids and families that are taken advantage of.
From what I gather, this state is just more interested in keeping business owners happy. They're the ones that grease the politicians' palms I guess. The doctor told me that anything we can do to remedy the mold will only be temporary and that we have to have professionals take care of it. It has to be taken care of at the source. I have done what I can do. We're really just stuck and have no idea what else to do. :-( If we pay a professional, we're out a few thousand dollars. If we break lease, we're also out a few thousand dollars. We have nothing. We have thousands of dollars of medical debt from my health that we make payments on. That greatly restricts what we are financially able to do. It really *****.
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try! It's such a stressful situation all around. My daughter had pneumonia last year and the doctor thinks that could have been caused by the mold exposure. We rarely got sick before we moved here and now we're in all this medical debt. Too poor for aid but we don't make enough to be able to afford health insurance. We've done all that we are capable of doing for the mold but the doctor doesn't believe that it's enough. He really believes we should consult professionals. I'm just so concerned for my daughter and we have nowhere else to go.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.