Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Twitching and moving in stomach (not related to pregnancy)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am a 35 yr. old female.  For the last several months, I have noticed twitching in my stomach which comes and goes.  I've noticed twitching in other parts of my body, but mostly my stomach.  The last few days, the twitching has been very active.  I feel a little nautious and I sometimes have a dull pain on the right side of stomach that also moves to my pelvic area.  A few months ago, my stool was slimy and sometimes completely white and had an odd odor.  This went away after approximately 2 weeks.  I've had a couple of abnormal periods over the last year (2 in 1 month, or a longer period than what I usually have) and I've spotted occasionally each month.  I'm not sure if all of these symptoms are related to one thing.  Someone told me about parasites and that is worrying me.  I have not been to a doctor yet, except for my gynecologist about the abnormal periods and they found nothing wrong.  I am interested to hear what you have to say before I do go to my doctor.  Please help.  Thank you.
Hi maybe you can try an gastroenterologist, being the stool problem they will look into that whole area of concern, especially since you feel funny in your stomach. If it is  parasite type thing quite sure anticbotics would cover that.  think of a cold virus thats pretty much waht a cold is too parasites that make someone sick or not feel well.  try not to worry about that start with doctor that will look into your problem such as the above type doctor.good luck
Hi if it were me I would mention every sympton I have - best chance at being helped out.  Good luck.....
Ok, thank you.  I will try a gastroenterologist.  I should see my primary first?  Do you think that since it's been a couple or a few months since the stool issue that they'll blow it off?  Also, forgot to mention that my left breast leaks sometimes with white fluid. I had a baby in August, 2005 and had a tubal ligation 2 days later.  Seems to me that maybe I have a hormonal imbalance in addition to whatever is going on in my stomach.  Thanks for your help.
i'm sorry to tell you this but you can get pregnant after a tubal. depends on what kind was done me and a few other people i know have had pregnancy after tubal was done. they used the banding method on me not sure about the others.
you will  probably need to visit your primary to get a referral to a gastro doc first. be sure to mention ALL symptoms, and tell both docs - two opinions is better than 1!
I wouldn't even get worried about parasites - sounds like whoever gave you that advice knows F*ck-All about medicine...though - I would like to support the last poster and suggest a pregnancy test?
Haha - you made me laugh.  Yeah, I'm not worried about the parasites any longer.  If I'm pregnant, it would most likely be eptopic and I'm not sure whether pregnancy tests pick those up or not.  I've had periods.  I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms.  I've had 3 babies and with all 3, I had the same symptoms and I just knew I was pregnant before I even took the test.  This isn't anything like it.  I'll just have to go see my primary and see what he says.  Still open for other comments though if anyone has had this issue before.  Thanks!
I have had that - For me it felt like a hand hitting my right side of my stomach and crawly feelings - not pregant - my diagnoses was muscles in stomach twitching and gallbladder discomfort from over eating!
hey ive been gettin twichin in ma belly and pains below aswell im having abnormal periods and sometimes i feel lyk im going to pass out because the pain is that bad!i dont feel sick or anything just wondering if any1 could help me because i have not yet been to the doctors and ive had this coming and going for at least 7 months now zoe  
Hi my name is Markay. I am 18 years old, I have had this same thing for about 2-3 weeks. I am not sure what it is, I  took a pregnancy test at home [EPT]..test results came up negative. As of right now, I still feel it. Sometimes the twitching is in the left side of my stomach, and now I feel it in my center abdomen. It doesn't hurt at all, but I also have abnormal periods due to being overweight, and for the past 3 weeks my breasts have been becoming sore, I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not, but my family and friends tell me to go see a doctor, and I will probably be setting up an appointment for next week, please update me and let me know what to do.
i had the same things. all you need to do is take a YAKULT once a day for a week, then it stops.
It is in the right side of my stomach. It feels a lot like the twitching you get when you pregnant. But it dose it way too much and it is only on the right side. I have been having iregular periods off and on for the last couple of years, and I have had acid reflux for years. This twitcing hs been going on since 2005. I went to a doctor about it them ad they found a grapfruit sized cyst in one of my overies and I had an operation to remove that overy. The twitching came back or never left, sometimes I didn't even notice it, but lately it has been doing it a lot again. I am not sexually active so it couldn't be pregnancy. I am 42 years old and have three daugters, my youngest being seventeen. I was never easy to get pregnant and I had to go by instructions in a fertility book everytime I did get pregnant. I had norplant put just under my left upper arm after I had my youngest daughter, and they never got taken out. I didn't have a period at all last month and they have been spotting to very slow and don't last long. They've just been mssing up the last couple of years and haven't been heavy as was my usual period cycles before I turned 40.
A related discussion, Twitching in stomach! was started.
A related discussion, Twitching in Stomach..What?? was started.
I am a 37 yr old mom of three with tied tubes for 6 years! For almost a week I have been feeling this movement on the left side of my tummy. Period is normal, no pain at all, progressively gettin stronger! Please tell me I could not be prego!!!!!!!! HELP!!!
I have been having twitching in my stomach for about two weeks in various areas and in my legs and thighs, my stomach seems to be getting bigger but I took four pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I feel nauseous sometimes, I feel like a bubbly movement in my stomach sometimes, hoping I'm not prego! Considering the tests, will it go away on it's own?? I'm scared to go to the doc,but the twitching is non stop! And I try to eat thinking that will make it go away but it only gets my mind off of it.... What is this??