Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Twitching

For many years Ive had problems with my muscles.
The issues were/are -
Cramping.
Stiffness
Weakness.
(tending to be in the morning)

Also in the year I've been know to sort of "fit" in my sleep. Obviously I'm not aware of it. But on a number of occasions I've had very worried friends waking me up trying to find out if I'm okay.

The thins is that(as far as I'm aware, from my partner) the fitting has subsided.
But now sometimes I twitch. Not just one part like an arm, a leg, my head or that.
Its an entire body jolt.
And they start and repeat a number of times. Sometimes I feel it going to happen then it doesn't after a the few previous ones, then tends to subside.
It doesn't really affect me too much.
But when I'm trying to sleep and all of a sudden my entire body jolts (everything tenses up and shakes me) it can be rather annoying and the feeling can be just horrid.
It mostly happens at night. But it has and does occur during the day sometimes too.

Could it be these "fits" just in a lesser form? I am aware when it happens although I can't respond til after the jolt passes.

Was just trying to see if anyone maybe had similar problems.
Ellie
Hey do you suffer from anxiety? If you do then i'm think this is what it is cuz I get this to but it's from my anxiety or adrenaline rushes as i have a fear of dying in my sleep and sometimes riiiight as i'm falling asleep my whole fing body jolts and muscles pull (especailly my butt muscles for some reason) making me jump awake in a panic. I always freak out and think i'm dying and that it's my soul being pulled out of my body. It also kinda feels like a supernatural energy hits me...it's very hard to explain. Again what you are going through sounds ALOT like my body jolts. Hang in there
P.S. I also get the muscle cramps and my whole fing body hurts at times even right now as i'm writing you this I had a panic or asthma attack earlier and my whole back, neck, abdomin (abdomen), stomach, bladder area hurts. Do/did you get shooting pains all over your chest and belly area? This sounds like anxiety to me to as we are so tense that it makes our bodies sore.Take care.
I had your symptoms (and many more) from severe magnesium deficiency. The fit or full body jolts you describe sounds similar to my full body myclonic seizures. Like being shocked and but with no pain. I had over 50 symptoms of magnesium deficiency and i have yet to find every one of my symptoms mentioned on one website.  However, i found one website that lists quite a few symptoms of deficiency. Okay so the list doesn't mention seizures but i mentioned it already so it's cool. :)

"It has been found that 4 out of 5 people in the US (or 80%) are deficient in magnesium. If you are experiencing 2 or 3 of the following symptoms, you probably are one of them.

- heart palpitations, heart arrythmias
- chest tightness
- urinary spasms
- constipation
- menstrual cramps, premenstrual irritability
- difficulty swallowing, a feeling of a lump in the throat
- insomnia
- light sensitivity, loud noise sensitivity
- high blood pressure
- numbness, tingling, zips, zaps and other vibratory sensations
- being uptight or prone to temper
- muscle twitches, soreness, cramps, spasms, tension, tightness
- back aches, neck pain
- headaches, migraines
- jaw joint problems
- needing to sigh a lot, unable to take a deep breath
- hiccups
- leg spasms, charlie horses, restless leg syndrome
- anxiety, panic attacks
- hyperactivity
- angina

Excerpt from Best Magnesium Citrate - "How to Fix Heart Palpitations or Irregular Heart Beat"
Thanks to both of you.
Yes I have a severe anxiety disorder as well as an emotional disorder.
I get many a sharp pain in my chest but its mostly from pinched muscles

Your magnesium theory could fit definitely and I may try and take supplements just to see. (In another post about my dads issues, the magnesium thing was mentioned so deffinately worth a try)
Litrally almost every symptom on the list fits me =/ except the angina..