Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Two-week flu with no respiratory symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, some aches and pains) for two weeks now.  The fever sometimes spikes to 102-103, but usually is around 100-101.  Tylenol is effective and bringing it down, but it comes back after the Tylenol wears off. I have no respiratory symptoms however (no cough, no runny nose, no sneezing.)   I have had this occasionally for the past few years, but never for two weeks.  My doctor did a series of tests and found nothing abnormal except for slightly high liver enzymes and something on a chest CT scan that he said looked abnormal but not a tumor.  (He said we can run another test in 6 months to see if it is still there and worry about it then.)  He thinks it might be the flu and I should wait another week or two.  

The blood tests ruled out Hepatitis.

Does this sound like the flu? (no respiratory symptoms?) If so, is it normal for the fever with a flu to not have improved after two weeks?

Thank you for any help.
Hey Ernie,

I don't have an answer for you, but I have experiencing the exact same symptoms.  Temperature up to 102.75.  Overnight it goes back down to normal, but then in afternoon the next day it comes back.  I've searched high and low on the net and the only answer I can really find is when a site lists flu symptoms and says something to the effect of "may include any or all...".  Which to me means there are flus that don't cause respiratory symptoms...I can't really find any verification of this though....

Hey guys,

I've had the same problems for the past 2 days now and can't wrap my head around what could be the cause and would lack the respiratory problems.  I've also been experiencing some odd upper left chest pain that I can only relate to what happens if I sleep to long in bed.

I am growing very concerned and am wondering if I should hit the ER.  If you find some info please repost here.

i have experienced the same symptoms like you, for the last 3 days, and also  one month ago I have had flu symptoms but no respiratory symptoms at all and also i have experiencing that left chest pain too, i appreciate if you can share the way that everything turns out for you

Thank you
A related discussion, Two-week flu with no respiratory symptoms - followup was started.