Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Ugly lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Ugly lump

Why has my hernia repair left a lump at the surgery site. (Lower abdomen, right of naval)
i have a hernia to mines hurt do you thinkk the surgery was done by the wrong ppl mines is to big to take out
Hello. I had 2 umbilical hernia removals and it's possible the bump you have is scar tissue!! In my last surgery they had to remove some fat that was tangled with my intestine so it left my stomach lop sided with scar tissue. To ease your mind make a follow up appointment with the surgeon and ask.
Often times having a surgery can leave scar tissue and it can feel, or appear to be hard, lumpy and ropy. Generally, it will soften after time and not be so noticeable. I have even had this happen after cutting myself where stitches were required.