Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Under left shoulder blade sharp pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Under left shoulder blade sharp pain

For a long time now I've noticed that I had a sharp pain under my left shoulder blade that gets worse when I breathe and lay down, over the years(I am only 18) it got worse and now it's so bad I don't want to breathe. My co worker who is a licensed masseuse rubbed where it hurt and it basically just felt like it hurt before (not as much). I've been having the sharp pain for awhile and now I've noticed a pain in the whole blade that comes and goes, I do no heavy lifting, I rarely do things that strain my muscles either. A stretch here and there, sometimes I get back rubs but besides that nothing else.

I've told my doctor and he said it's because I am a women and I'm whiney. I wanted someone else's in put because it's unbearable.
ok.. where exactly on the shoulder blade is it...  under it? on it? behind it?

are there any lumps that you can feel on or around it or under your armpit..

you should think about getting a new doctor.. thats a terrible attitude
also to add to that... the pain when you breath in... it is in the shoulder right?... you dont mean pain in your lung?
It sounds like you aren't exercising at all.  If this is so, you are going to have pain.  You must support your skeleton with exercise.

Do not go to that horrible doctor anymore.  

I suggest you take up yoga or pilates or work with a personal trainer to tone up your muscles and improve your posture.  Work out three times a week and try to walk briskly outside using good posture a couple of days a week, weather permitting.  After three months, are the symptoms gone?  

I think this sounds more like persistent trapped nerve..

If i were you i would go out for a really long walk and swing your arms really hard as you stride for as long as you can... if its a nerve thats the kind of thing you need to do to pop it out of the shoulder blade