Undiagnosed Severe Pain in Lower Right Abdominal Area
I am a 43 year old female with severe pain in my lower right abdominal and hip area.  I used to only experience it after sitting or walking too long but it is getting worse.  Now I feel it every day.  It hurts when I wake up in the morning, when I have to go to the bathroom, during my menstrual cycle, after walking, standing too long, excercising or just cleaning house.  It shoots down my right leg and gets so severe I can hardly walk or bend over.  I can't stretch out and lay flat on my back or my stomach either.  It is hard to tell where the pain is actually coming from since it radiates through my abdominal area, hip, lower back and leg.

I have had several ultrasounds and nothing was found.  I also had a CT scan.  The doctor said I was constipated and that was the problem.  I was constipated the day of the scan since I hadn't had my morning coffee in two days, and constipation does make it hurt worse, but I'm usually fairly regular and still have the pain.

Other people have suggested that it may be a hernia or sciatica.  Has anyone else has had a problem similar to this or have any idea what it could be?  
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There are various possibilities like uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, irritable bowel as well as endometriosis both uterine and extra uterine. In your case it’s quite possible that you have an irritable bowel syndrome. I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) once.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this also with your gynecologist and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it!  

I have been to the gynecologist recently and she sent me to have an ultrasound and later, a CT scan.  The ultra sound showed a cyst on my left ovary but none on my right.  A week or two later, when I had the CT scan, the cyst had decreased in size.  Nothing was found on the right side where the pain is.  

I had a colonoscopy a few months ago and everything was fine.  If I did have a hernia, do you think it would have shown up during the colonoscopy?  I am going to go back to my gastroenterologist and ask for an upper GI.  I don't know if that will tell me anything, but it's worth a try.
Thanks for the update!
If there is a hernia, it will not show up on colonoscopy, unless it is a rectal prolapse. There is a strong possibility that it is pain of sciatica. A MRI of the lower spine may be needed. I think since CT scans of the abdomen have all been clear for stones, lumps, fibroids, endometriosis etc, you should explore spinal causes. Also colonoscopy will not rule out irritable bowel for sure. Diagnosis is usually by elimination of other causes.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Would appendicitis be a possible cause for this pain in the lower-right abdominal area?
Thank you!  I'll update soon.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, appendicitis is a possible cause of lower right abdominal pain. However a CT scan would have caught it. Also there would be a history of some fever, nausea and maybe even chills.
You might want to get an x-ray on your spine, if you have lower spinalbiphida symptoms are similar. I have SB in the last 5 disks of my spine, I have difficulty laying on the floor, walking, and often if I stand for too long my toes will go numb. It also sometimes makes me nauseas if my spine is not in correct alignment.
Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely check into that too!
Your welcome! I was also thinking that maybe endometriosis may be a cause for your pain. If the pain is the sharpest near your period it could be that as well. However you've already had an ultrasound done so i think they would have caught it then. Just throwing out ideas :)