Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Undiagnosed chest pain, tingling, many symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Looking for any advice or help.
(I posted this yesterday in the Heart Disease Forum also).

I am 22, female, healthy lifestyle.

For the last 6 months I have had chest discomfort that comes and goes. I have gone periods of 2-3 weeks without feeling anything, but on most days I can feel something.  I went to a doctor three times in March. Did an EKG, blood tests, and a chest X ray. Everything was fine. Said it was stress (of course).  I also had a chest CT scan in March, 2008, which was normal.

I have been feeling so many different things over the last six months. I went through a month or so being extremely worried about it, which I think brought on many anxiety-induced symptoms, and all of those are gone now.  (Sleeping 1 hour a night, palpatations, worrying constantly...)  

Having so many different symptoms makes me wonder what it could be--all psychological and caused by stress?

Neurological since it's on once side of the body?

Some things I have been experiencing over the last 6 mo:

- Left chest area feels weak/funny/off--hard to explain.
- tinging in my left finger tips
- whole upper left side of body feels shaky/off. including jaw & face
- a very brief flutter in left chest
- tingling feeling in chest/left side of body
- an itchy feeling inside my chest
- tenderness of left chest wall
- very brief sharp/shooting pain in chest (not often)
- left eye feels different
- mild dizziness & light headedness ( not often )
- body chills (only during most stressful time--gone now)
- rumbling feeling in left chest
- nausea, very brief, only once in a while

Sometimes I feel like this is all in my head; that I am constantly thinking about it and overly aware of my body and what it's doing.

ANY help would be appreciated. I am really scared and worried about what might be going on. I have been searching the internet and have self diagnosed myself with everything from Parkinson's, MS, lung cancer, and a brain tumor.... plus a long list of heart conditions.

Final Qs:
1. Can the tests I had done be missing something that would be caught with an Echo or Stress test, or other?
2. Chest wall pain sounds like costrocondritis, but all those other symptoms could not be from that, too?
3. Is it more likely something neurological since it's on one side of the body? Even though it's mainly in the chest area?

Thank you for reading.
ANY response would be appreciated.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Personally, I do not feel your problem is related to heart. Your tests related to your heart are ok. Chances are that you have esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning sensation or discomfort in the chest area and burps. It can be felt as a flutter too.  Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. This causes GERD like symptoms too.
There is a chance that there is compression of the spinal nerves in the lower cervical or upper thoracic spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. Please consult an orthopedic specialist or a neurologist.
Please discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
WM 37 not so healthy lifestyle.

I am having the exact same types of symptoms as well. I went to the ER and all my ekg and stuff came back normal except for my blood pressure which was high. They gave me a script for Clonidine for that. I hate it so far ... makes me feel very lethargic.. but it has gotten my bp under control so thats good. I am still having the symptoms though and am still worried about what it could be. The symptoms are exactly like what is described when one is experiencing heart attack. I have those strange feeeling you described too.... its hard to explain what it feels like. I have the numbing tingleing in my left arm too.... very brief, very sharp pain in left side of chest followed by lightheadedness sometimes very severe. Scary as hell too... I thought I was about to stroke out or something a few times. I am also having scary strange syptoms (symptoms) when going to sleep.... feelings of like I'm about to die or something. very hard to describe what it feels like... I just know I dont't like it at all. I was really hoping that getting my BP under control would make the  symptoms go away but it has not. The ER scheduled me for a stress test for tomorrow and also an untrasound of my heart, I hope they discover thatt its not my heart  and hopefully find out what the problem is.  this *****! All of the syptoms (symptoms) you have described I am having also, so I wanted to let you know that you are not alone and I am relieved to find out that I am not alone either lol.

Is there anyone else out there reading this have the same syptoms (symptoms) or someone else that might shed some light on what could possibly be going wrong? please speak up.
I have been dealing with the same stuff for over 4 months now.  I have had ct scans, endoscopy's, mri, chest xrays, 8 ekgs, er trips (5 of them), stress test, Coronary calcium screening and loads and loads of blood work and urine samples.  thats just to mention most of them.  My doc is thinking anxiety since all is negative on the tests except for minor unrelated stuff.  

I have constant on and off chest pains, left and right arm pains, left and right jaw pains, hand pains, stomach pains. and the list goes on and on.

This could be anxiety.  check out the symptoms for this!  I am still not completely convinced but all tests for a physical illness have been ruled out!

Good luck and let me know if you need anything
that last comment of mine was for you too!  let me know what ya find out!

Hi, I have these symptoms too, including the weird itching inside my chest. This
  is the first time I've heard of anyone else experiencing that. Have you had a thyroid
  panel done? I have Grave's disease and was misdiagnosed for over a year. First I
  was diagnosed with copd and high blood pressure. Then it was mitral valve prolapse,
  and then it was panic. My bp ran 170/120, I went down to 115lbs, I shook, had
  episodes where my heart rate went up to 200, was dizzy sick all the time and not
  one doctor thought of checking my thyroid. I was diagnose by an ER doctor.Most
  likely yours has been checked but just thought I would chime in, I would hate to see
  what happened to me happen to anyone else. Hope you get an answer and feel better.
thank you for reply, and marieo.... I had to cancel the stress test this morning so I dont have any news to report on that. I am still having the pains and I cant sleep tonight because of the strange feelings and pains...l I noticed tonight that while laying a certain way I was having pressure pains when I would take deep breath, starting at my upper sternum and up into my throat to my lower jaw and the sides of my neck.... I dont know what is going on with me but I feel like I am falling apart. It was suggested that my problems are not heart related but gastric in nature.... but if its gastric... why do I get very light headed after one of the sharp pains from left side of chest? and alslo the lightheadedness is usually only on the left side .... it is so hard to describe and I am very frustrated over this.
I feel like my health is snowballing out of control. from the first time I noticed symptoms it seems like I am having new syptoms (symptoms). Could this be some undiscovered illness or something? seems funny to me that some of us are not being told what is wrong with us... or there is no apparent reason for our pain/discomfort yet my syptoms (symptoms) are very real, that I am very sure of. I hope this is Gerd and not my heart. I will give update after I have my stress test or other tests... I'm still having the symptoms but have not been back to ER... I have a feeling if I went I'd come away again without an answer.
I know exactly what you are going through.  My doc is INSISTING it is all anxiety.  But the longer i am in pain the less i am anxious about it.  It seems mostly that the pains are unrelated to physical stress.  They mostly happen when i am doing nothing.  I am sure thats why the doc is telling me anxiety.  I still think that is bs.  Had all kinds of tests done and nothing serious came up.  I do have esophogitis( erosion of esophogus).  I go back to my doc tomarrow.  i am soo frustrated too.

I wish you luck.  Let me know if you find out anything.
thank you crewchief. I wish you the best of luck as well. I am still having symptoms. I am less anxious about them now because the Dr. said it wasnt my heatrt and now that I have the BP med I am a little more at ease about the onset of symptoms. however I still think in back of my mind that "Could this be the big one? am I about to die"? but I dont get the  panic attack feeling as bad when I have a symptom. I had a few episodes yesterday, a few of them hit hard too... and a new one I had not experienced before.
It was like all the muscles in the left sidw of my kneck locked up. hurt like hell and lasted for like 3 seconds. idk if it was my muscles or what ... almost felt like my arteries or something were "flexing" it was crazy.... it wasnt on the main neck muscles it felt as if it were coming from around where the blood supply flows.
What gets me is if there is nothing "wrong" with us then why are these symptoms so strong and hit without warning. I have that irritating persistent discomfort feeling in left chest today..... prolly be there all day.... Hope thats all I have to put up with today. Im so tired of this.  
http://www.rense.com/general62/molecularterrorism.htm

Guys this may sound a little far fetched but if you can sit through reading this whole article I would really appreciate the look and maybe a discusion or comment thread about this sort of thing.... Hey I tell ya guys this is the most solid answer I have gotten reguarding my/our mystery illness. I had a feeeling in the back of my mind that it might be something like this..... Biological warefare experiments and we are the guinee pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have totally changed my lifestyle.  No salt, fruit everyday, vegetables with every meal, fiber suplement, multivitimins, low fat foods, exercise, LOTS OF WATER, no caffiene at all, low sugar intake, VERY LITTLE SMOKING (2 or 3 smokes a day compared to 1+ packs a day).  My BP when this started was around 160+/90+.  I am on some BP meds, xanax, nexium.  Now my BP off meds is around 120 or less/ 85 or less.  I still have ALL the same pains even with these lifestyle changes.   I had a MRI of C-spine last week.  I have mild bulging of all my c-spine disks with no nerve impengment.  Doc says thats not the problem.  What is then?  He still says anxiety.  But the only time i feel anxious is when i am in pain.  

I dont know what to do anymore.  I am afraid to go to my doc because i will hear the same ole ****.  So i just wait for them to go away.  but that sure doesnt help.

Did you have your stress test done?  How did it go?  let me know.  

No Crew I havent gotten the stress terst done yet... I am back in south Florida trying to get situated before we move... I currently have no insurance and money is tight already so I am thinkin of trying to ride it out unless the symptoms come back with vengeance. I just had a mild episode just now ... hence my checking this place for messages. Well I gotta say crew... you did all those lifestyle changeds and still get symptoms..... its not very encouraging... I hope the same isnt in store for me... but I have feeling it is judgeing by what I have read you guys say. one thing tho Crew maybe it isnt as serious as we are making it but the symptoms I've had are scary as hell sometimes and I feel should not be taken lightly.... I dont know man .... It just seems awfully funny to me that all the tests say nothing about a cause. everything normal??? I dont think so!!!! LOL

Hang in there I will report symptoms if any come up... ive also been trying to take notice of when they happen and think of any possible cause ... like something I did earlier and am still in the dark. Stupid Nano Subs swimmin around in there doing who knows what!!! LOL jk but seriously I hope all this passes.... hope dont last rest of life if I live to be 80... gah....