Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unexpected bruises on the back of my thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I woke up today with a large black spot on the back of my thigh. It looks like a bruise but I know I did nothing to bruise myself, and its not painful or tender at all. I have had alot of back aches lately, almost felt like i was beginning to get the flu but then the symptoms would go away within a few hours. Been feeling that way for a few days now. Im not sure if I should be concerned enough to go see a physican, given I dont have insurance. Also, I had been on the birth control Depo for the past 4 years. I discontinued it last may, and my period still hasnt returned. Could this be a side effect from the depo? Thanks for any help.
Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability. Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then other causes like liver diseases, SLE, bone marrow causes need to be ruled out.

Regarding Depo shot it cannot cause unexpected bruising since you have not been taking it for a long time. If you stop getting Depo-Provera injections, your period usually returns within 3 to 10 months but sometimes it may take 12-18 mths. Hence you periods will return soon.

So if the symptoms of bruising are persistent then get the causes which I have mentioned ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

yes i think so  go and see your doctor for advice about it i would