Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unexplained Arm Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Unexplained Arm Pain

About 3 weeks ago I had a sore elbow. I assumed I must have bumped it (I'm very clumsy) and that it would just go away. Now the pain is down my whole forearm and wrist (right side) It's getting worse, not better. It hurts now to even lift a cup of coffee.
It has been suggested to me by a family member, that I could have a knot in the muscle in my forearm and that it needs to be worked out and that I'm feeling it in my elbow and wrist because that is where the muscles attach. That I should just keep massageing my arm and it will get better when the muscle relaxes.
Is that right? Could it be something else that I should see a doctor about?
Since you're getting worse not better and it's been weeks, you definitely should go and see a doctor about this- if it could be an orthopedist or a physical medicine doctor, that would be a plus!
    I have had the same problem as you describe. I went to my orthopedist and he told me that i have Tennis Elbow. He gave me anti- inflammatory pills for 2 weeks and he said if it didn't go away then i was to go back. I took the pills and it deffinetly releaved the pain, until i ran out of pills...it came back! So i went back and my dr. wanted to give me cortizone shots in my elbow or said i would have to go to physical therapy. So i opted for the therapy, and so far it's helping, just not reliving completely. I'm going to try another doctor and a different one, because it has now gotten a bit worse, my fingers and hand go numb, and i'm getting pins and kneedles in my arm also. Good luck and keep me posted, thanks
You may be experiencing a pinched nerve now- I hope you get the medical help you need!  

And you probably are already avoiding leaning on your elbow, I suspect- a physical therapist suggested tingling in my pinky could be caused by that and I discovered I was leaning on the arm of the computer chair after that!
Thank you all for your advice. I'm still dealing with the pain. It's stopped getting worse, but hasn't gotten any better. I think I'm going to break down and see a doctor already :(
I hope they will be able to help you!