Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unexplained Memory Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Unexplained Memory Loss

I'm a 20 year old male.  I have been experiencing a decrease in my memory ability since 9th or 10th grade.  I had lyme disease in 8th grade that we caught in the middle of winter, so I had had it for months.

I don't remember a lot of things that I probably should.  Some examples: Celebrating my one year anniversary with my girlfriend, meeting my girlfriend, I don't remember if I have eaten that day, I don't remember telling people things minutes after it happens.  It's a lot of stuff that someone should be able to remember.

Therapists do not think that it is related to any sort of trauma and have told me to seek medical advice.
Sounds like chronic Lyme disease.  This in one bacteria that doesn't want to leave.  And of course you have to treat the co infections as well as Lyme disease.  Check out the full documentary on youtube: Under Our Skin.
What the therapists are saying is that your memory loss is not as a consequence of any head injury.

You should see your doctor to check you out for any underling infections, blood tests with regard to the Lyme disease and referral to the appropriate departments for further investigation and prescribe you with any medications if this is needed.

Although mild memory loss can happen to anyone due to lack of sleep, anxiety, depression and so on, in your case as your memory loss is getting worse since your 8th grade and the fact that you had been diagnosed as having Lyme disease, you need help and further investigation.

Best wishes.
you could still have lymes, go to a neurologist that treats chronic lyme.  I go to one now in fayetteville nc named richard serano for my chronic lyme symptoms-- he's wonderful