Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unexplained Rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Unexplained Rash

I have a itchy rash that itches first then welts up in lines then it goes away it usually occurs on my hands from the wrist area to my knuckles, my torso usually back area, and as a strong itchy tingling on the tip of my toes, but is not limited to these certain areas. I have had itching inside my ears, between my fingers, on my legs and feet.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
This could be due to very dry skin. Itch starts first and scratching can cause welts to appear. Applying a good moisturizer will help. It could also be due to urticaria. In this case you need to rule out the cause for the hives or urticaria. Urticaria is usually triggered by allergens, such as drugs, foods, insect bites, inhaled substances, in response to sunlight, cold, heat, stress, exercise, or a viral infection. Other common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, or cosmetics. Food allergies like to gluten, lactose, sea food, and alcohol etc too should be looked into.  It could also be due to new soap, talcum powder, clothes etc. Since you experienced an itch, just go over these possibilities in your mind. Something may strike you. In many cases, hives clear up themselves and don’t require diagnosis or treatment. However if they persists you may need to see a specialist called an allergist to determine what is causing the reaction.
Some liver problems and gall stones too can cause generalized itch. If you have symptoms at tip of fingers and dry skin then you need to rule out certain conditions such as diabetes, psoriasis, hypothyroidism, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis and malnutrition. Menopause in females is another reason for this. Low estrogens are supposed to be the cause.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your dermatologist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thank You!
U COULD HAVE WHAT THEY CALL HAND AND FOOT DISEASE AND IT CAN DO THAT TOO.  IT IS ALSO KNOW AS COXSACKIE VIRUS AND THE REESON I KNOW IS BECAUSE MY NEIGHBORS DAUGHTER HAD IT ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO-IT GENERALLY AFFECTS KIDS BUT CAN BE SEENIN ADULTS ALSO-THE SCHOOL NURSE'S HUSBAND HAD IT ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO.  IT HAS TO RUN ITS COURSE ACCORDING TO THE NEIGHBOR AND SCHOOL NURSE BUT SOME MDS WILL TREAT IT WITH STEROIDS LIKE PREDNISONE I THINK.  GOOD LUCK FINDING A DIAGNOSIS=)