Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unexplained lower right side back and abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello... In March of 2001 I had a hysterectomy to "fix" a small case of endo and lower back and abdominal pain. I still have the one ovary on the left. 4 months later the pain is back and no one seems to know what the heck it is.  I feel better when I am laying down, but not much. Physical activity seems to make it worse.  I have also had AT LEAST 1 kidney infection, and 5 bladder infections, since Jan. of 2001. I have a history of kidney stones ( 6 so far and I'm only 32.)  I am at my wits end. One Dr. wants to do Trigger Point Injections( which I know nothing about) and no one seems to be wanting to address the chonic infections. They just glaze over it. Can you offer any sugestions? I would really appreciate it.

Jen
what about seeing a urologist for your chronic infections hope this helps .lol.
What tests have you had done so far? Any specific blood tests to find an answer? Anything odd or out of range in your CBC? Did you have your liver enzymes checked? I got hepatitis c during a surgery in the hospital and it caused similar problems, lots of infections for no apparent reason. I'd get screened for hep b and c to rule them out and make sure they aren't an underlying cause. You can have it and not even know it as I found out the hard way.

Aother thing that comes to mind is possibly you have adhesions from the surgery?
did you ever find out what the problem was with you back pain. Mine is in the lower right side. In the kidney area and no one seems to know what the problem is. If you found out what was going on with you that might help me out.
I have had blood work done and a ct scan of the abdomen, everything came back normal...Still have pain and now I have pain with urination and frequent trips to the bathroom...like every ten minutes I have to go and still no one knows..;o( wish I could help with your back pain..;o(  If I fin dout anything I'll be sure and let you know... you do the same..lol
what about vesicoretal reflux where the urine backs up into the ureter tube causing chronic infection have you had a ua culture?  Seek out a urologist theya re wonderful doctors that can really help my daughter had reflux had surgery many years ago and doing well now she had chronic infection.  good luck
I have had lower right back pain and abdominal pain for along time. I was tested for h-pylori and tested positive and was given 2 antibotics and prevcid and that was 2 years ago and I still have the same symptoms and now the doctors say my white blood cell count is 15 what that means I don't know all my doctor said was I have a bad stomache infection and gave me more antibotics which helped for a moment but I still have pain. I'll always test positive for h-pylori but I'm still not sure whats going on inside me all I know is the doctors keep telling me the thing and also i have to go to the bathroom alot exspecially at night and I'v gained alot of weight. can anyone tell me what I should do
I am a 15 year old female and have had lower left abdominal pain for almost 10 months now, very similar to what you descirbed..laying down makes it better but not by much and any physical activity makes it worse. Depending on what I do, some days are better and some are worse but it is always still there, pain medication doesn't help much either. I have done pretty much every test the doctors can think of but they all end up coming back normal. At this point I look at the next tests as kind of pointless but doctors keep saying well what if we find the cause. I haven't had infections like you describe, it just seems like similar undiagnosed pain. I posted more in detail about my tests a few days ago called undiagnosed pain for over 10 months but got no responses. Let me know if you get any answers.