Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unexplained srotum pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unexplained srotum pain

2 weeks ago I had sudden onset of pain on the right side of scrotum. It was impossible to touch and the right side was swollen. Went to Doc and he said it was non-infection related epididymitis and sent me packing with some NSAID. The pain went down and I could touch and feel the right side and it appears to have a whole bunch of extra mass by the epidiymis compared to what was there before. Went to urologist and he thought it was varicocele and did Ultrasound but everything was normal in the ultrasound. At the moment i have mild pain on the right side that increases as the day goes by at work and even radiates to my upper leg. What could it be?? Your help is appreciated.
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
It is difficult to tell without examining, however there is a chance that there is a clot in scrotal vein. It could also have been orchitis or lingering epididymitis. Please consult the urologist and start a course of antibiotic as suggested by him. Colored dopplar is the best way to detect clots and chronic epididymitis. If you are sexually active, I would suggest you get a STD panel done too. Elevation of the scrotum and application of cold compresses to the scrotum may relieve the pain, if its only an inflammation in absence of infection.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
Thanks for responding. I got colored Doppler and STD panel done. Both are normal. I am thinking genital TB related epididymitis (my gf is from Bangladesh). What are the tests for that?
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Two types of tests can be done to detect TB. A tuberculosis skin test often used to detect latent tuberculosis. The other is a blood test to find active infection. Special cultures set for TB bacillus for semen and urine can also be done. The ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) in blood test would be raised.
Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
HI-
I have been tested for everything.. and everything is normal. The only abnormality is that I have a cyst on the right side in scrotum. But my doctor does not think it is causing pain. According to him, insurance needs a proof that it is causing pain for him to allow the removal. Could a cyst cause pain?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank