Unexplained swelling
I am trying to help my best friend out, she is a 29 year old single mother of 2. In the past year she has had unexplained swelling of her whole body, she looks like she is 7 months pregnant. She has been to numerous doctors and had about every test possible they can't find anything. She came to visit me in florida for 2 weeks and her swelling was terrible while she was here but not as bad as when she got home. The doctors in Cleveland Clinic told her the only thing they can find wrong with her is she has a Vitmin D disorder. There is something more going on if a 29 year old who only normally weigh 130 pounds to looks pregnant and not be able to walk without using a walker. Any ideas or leads to what may be wrong would greatly help. She calls crying everyday because she can't do anything with her kids let alone barely get out of bed, she pushes through it and doesn't want to be on medication the rest of her life. I can get a list of all the meds she is on if needed. Even if you know a doctor that maybe in ohio,pa or ny area that is good with puzzles.
Bloating is common for thyroid/adrenal disorders. Inflammation is a reaction to hormonal issues. You can visit the thyroid board and see if she can relate to anyother issues posted there too.
I am assuming she has seen a kidney doctor and a heart doctor?  If not that would be a place to start.  Also as stella said thyroid and adrenal problems can cause such a thing.  What other symptoms does she have?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Generalized body edema can be very serious. It can be due to severe anemia, a failing heart, serious kidney disease,  liver failure, electrolyte imbalance,  polycystic ovary, low protein in the blood, and disorders of adrenal gland. This is something for which you must consult a doctor ASAP, preferably an internal medicine specialist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!