Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unknown, uncontrolable full body shaking and more

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For this question it will take a while to explain, but I am desperate and just want any ideas possible.  I have never been a truly healthy individual.  I have allergies, asthma, hypoglycemia, and frequent migraines.  I have had all of those since I can remember.  In the summer of 2007, things changed though.  I worked at a hotel that was redoing their interior design (explain relevance later).  While there, and working as a musician, I became very fatigued and tired.  I had a tour that summer as well to Carnegie Hall and thought the stress of that was making me tired.  The week of that tour I almost fainted behind the wheel after working at the hotel.  I was rushed to the hospital with shaking, fatigue, confusion, faintness, and tunnel vision.  I was discharged with a diagnosis of dehydration, which i still don't think is right (1 IV was administered, it went straight through me).  After that, the summer continued and never gained full strength back.  I went off to college and about three weeks in I woke up shaking uncontrollably, had a massive migraine behind my right eye, cold, low body temperature, intense ringing in the ears, and feeling faint.  I was admitted to a hospital near my school and given fluids and pain medication.  The migraine lasted for 6 days after the first hospital visit.  Shaking continued, my ears haven't stopped ringing, and the fatigue stayed.  I flew home and had an MRI and CAT scan done, which both showed nothing.  After 3 straight weeks of not being able to walk from one side of my 10 foot dorm room to the other without almost collapsing on the floor with full body shaking and fatigue and pain, I decided it was time to go home.  Since then I have been to 6 doctors all which treat the shaking as part of my migraine.  My migraines come and go more frequently than before the 6 day incident last year (used to be 1 time every 2 months, now 3-8 times a month).  But regardless if I have a migraine or not I still shake every night, I can not play my harp for more than an hour (used to play for 4-6 hours in a day).  I can't write for more than an hour, walk for too long a period, do heavy physical activities.  My voice is also effected, it becomes raspy and horse.  With the shaking, its not just shaking, it starts as pain, shooting up from my extremities (hands/arms are the worst), then shaking starts slowly, then it becomes so bad i cant grip things or pick up objects.  The shaking then moves from my extremities and into the core of my body.  If I don't lay down or relax the shaking becomes large.  I tell my muscles to relax, they can for about a second, then they tense up and shake again.  I cant keep it relaxed (even with deep breathing, meditation).  A new idea is nerve gas poisoning from the chemicals in the carpet glue used at my old hotel job. I don't know if that is possible but someone mentioned it recently.  I have been to six different doctors across this nation, and I still have no answer. They treat the migraine but not the shaking.  Migraines have diminished on medications, but shaking is still here.  Slightly better than the first attacks, but only a little.  I can function in daily life, but at the end of the day I still shake, still have pain, still have the ringing in the ears.

Does anyone, anyone have any ideas? Please, if you have any ideas I am willing to hear them, I just want my body to go back to normal, so I can do the things I used to enjoy.  And sorry for the long post, but it is the only way to explain everything fully.
I feel like I should also add that after the first 6 day migraine attack I could not play my harp for about 6 months.  I could play for about 10 minutes and then I would go into a shaking episode. I have a small tremor always, but if I exert myself it becomes more profound and painful.  I was told to rest and relax and try to break some of the multiday migraines to stop the shaking.  When that didn't work (after about 4 months), I was told to exercise, gain weight (since I had lost muscle weight after staying in bed resting for so long, I was about 85 lbs), exercise twice a day, do yoga twice a day, deep breathing exercises when i get up and go to sleep, and take biofeedback.  I can now practice for only an hour, but its frustrating because I know I can do more.  I cant type for long periods of time, nor can I do anything else for long periods of time.  Shaking comes randomly now.  I can be sitting in a concert, just listening, and I will go into a shaking episode.  These are probably the most painful, when they come on randomly.  I dont know what to do, I need help any help I can get.  I am trying to move on with my life, I am back in school but I take only 14 credits, and that even exhausts me.  
I know exactly what you are going through although I can't offer you any explination of these temors I can offer my heart felt sympathy for it.  I had back surgery in June of 2007 due to a herniated disc that exploded and cause caudial equine problems on my left side. Then suddenly this past winter I started having problems with my vision, it some times becomes doubled and I have to close my left eye in order to read what ever I have in front of me.  Then the tremors started, at first they were just a little problems kind of funny, I am not laughing anymore.  Over the past few months the shaking has become so pronoused that when I am working on my laptop I can't even user my touchpad at all because I end up touching it 5 or 6 thimes and then who knows what I've done I have even bid in auction 10's and I don't even what what ever it is. However, this last week the shaking has become so bad that I was nearly hospitalized because it.  On Wednesday last week I was my mother was unable to wake me because I wasn't feeling well, after the fourth time she decided to get me up by then I was shaking so bad I couldn't walk.  My neice who was trying to help her got me a walker from the garage and they assisted me to the bathroom on the way out of the bathroom I was shaking so bad that I fell down on my knees this happened 3 more times on my way out to the car to go to my doctor, when I finally got to his office I couldn't even walk or sit up because my entire body was shaking so badly, and yet my doctor said he couldn't see me because there were too many people ahead of me, even though they were the ones who told us to come there.  We went to the local hospital ER and they decided that the shaking was due to my low blood sugar which at the time was 65, because I hadn't eaten all day, not because of the problem.  But after giving me an IV full of fluids I stopped shaking so everone decided that was the problem and sent me hom,  My mother who is an RN is unconvinced of their diagnosis and thinks that maybe they should look at some other factor as well. I have decided in the mean time to go back home and have the doctor who did the orriginal surgeon do the diagnosis on this strange after effect because she thinks it is a spinal problem.  Good luck and thanks for listening or reading this.  
sorry, I didn't have time to read the complete posts but just wandering if you all had been checked for the obvious...parkinson's , als?  Have you had any nerve conduction tests?  Just thought I would throw this out there.  don't know if it will help or not.  I am sure you have probably had all of these things done already.  Good Luck!!!