This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal
Unknown Blotches...
For 6 months now I have had quite big red blotches on the helmet of my penis which are sore to touch.I have also had broken skin under my foreskin which  bleeds slightly. I have NOT had a sexual relationship for nearly 3 years so cannot be a STD!!
I have tried all kinds of cream....Canasten,Savlon,Germolene,Thrush cream....but nothing seems to clear it up. What is it and how can I clear it up?
I have a new girlfriend now and cannot have sexual relationship whilst I still have this problem I am too embarrassed to ask my GP.....Please Help?!!
Discussion is closed
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
It is difficult to say without evaluation.  STDs should certainly be considered and rule out if not already.  

Dermatologic conditions like dermatitis or a fungal infection can be considered.  If so, a steroid or antifungal cream can be considered for treatment.  

I would consider a referral to a dermatologist to further evaluate the symptoms.  A skin biopsy of the lesions can be considered of the diagnosis is in question.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed