Unknown bruising with pai or memory of bumping
I am a healthly 47 yr old professional women with no prior health issues.  I always have my yearly check-ups that include bloodwork.  The report always come back good with no health issues/problems.  However in the last 2 weeks I have notice unknown bruising without no pain or memory of bumping that area of my body.  Now that I think back, it has happened before, but I just brushed it off.  However 2 weeks ago was a rather larger bruise in the inside of my leg near my knee and it took 2 weeks for to go away. Now 1 week later, I have another, although smaller, on upper arm.  The bruising is dark purple and circular.  I have read the other postings and concerned if my social alcohol consumption attributed to this bruising issue.  I have a highly stressful job and I will on occassions come home some days and have a glass of wine or the like to unwind.  

At the advise of my friends, I called my doctor today to schedule an appointment of an evaluation, but have not received a call back.  

Looking for answers.

Thanks!

Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability.Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

As you consume alcohol, it can also lead to easy bruising. Excessive alcohol causes inflammation of the liver (hepatitis and cirrhosis) which reduces the production of chemical clotting factors. These clotting factors normally stop little bits of bleeding under the skin by blood clotting. Alcohol, particularly over a long period of time, causes a reduction of platelets in the blood, and platelets are very important in the clotting process. Due to reduction of liver clotting factors and platelets, this would tend to cause easy bruising, which is actually bleeding under the skin.

Pls abstain from alcohol and take some multivitamins or iron tablets. Eat a healthy nutritious diet and exercise regularly.

If the symptoms do not improve, get yourself evaluated by a physician and look out for SLE, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases or leukemias Anti-clotting (anti-coagulants) medication also can cause increased bruising.

Take care and pls do keep posting in how you are doing.