Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Unknown problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Unknown problem

my name is jimmy and my problem is that my body is smell very bad.I have been smelling a "musty" odor since last 4-5 years before it i am normal like other peoples.i really don't know whats going with me from last 4-5 months .there is nothing change in my life in this 4-5 years except before it i m a school boy and now i just completed my collage and doing a job in private company.i dont have any serious physical problem in this 4-5 years so why suddenly this problem is occur with me.my body is smelling like musty ,like rotten eggs and other different smells that i don't know how to explain it in words.my body is not continuously smell.once it smell morning,once in night ,once in evening and some time in afternoon.sometime the whole day my body is smelling ,some time whole day it isn't.I smell bad even 10 minutes after a shower.I'm  really tired and irritable all the time.i could not go outside my home and in between public.i really dont what problem is going with me so how will i treat this ?.I actually cant take this anymore..Please give me brief suggestions that can help me sir . Thanks.
Hello Jimmy,
What you describe is normal in some persons.
I would recommend visiting a dermatologist.
He will if needed prescribe  a treatment as this condition might be caused by unwanted microorganisms on your body.
A quick tip in the mean time.
Please concentrate on changing your diet since, food is very closely related to smell.
Eat less eggs and less spicy.
You can also shave your armpits and chest and if you see fit the pubic area.
Than after you take a shover, first thing is to take a body spray ( deodorant)
and spray the freshly cleaned smelly areas.
This will prevent the microorganisms from thriving.
This technique will only work however only if shaved ( thus hair is removed)

BR: Sash83 from Open Consult Team EU
Hydrogen sulfide is what makes a rotten egg / damp sewer smell. The body produces small amounts of this chemical and uses it as a signaling molecule (source: wikipedia). Perhaps it is your diet...too much protein?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Body odor is seen in poor hygiene (ruled out in your case) or medical conditions like thyroid disorder, carcinoid syndrome and taking drugs like antidepressant.  Increased sweating due to any cause can also cause unpleasant body odour because microorganism in your body can break sweat into aromatic fatty acids which smell bad. All causes of hyperhydrosis like hyperthyroidism, diabetes, carcinoid syndromes infections etc should be eliminated.
Vinegar like smell in sweat is due to an acid called propionic acid. Since this acid is chemically similar to acetic acid in vinegar, the sweat smells of vinegar. This happens due to excess amino acids in sweat (which are breakdown products of protein), seen common with a high protein diet. Also if the diet is rich in cheese, then bacteria of staphylococcus type acts on the sweat and causes this smell of vinegar.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Thank you Sash83 for your suggestions.you are recommend me to  visit a dermatologist.i think dermatologist is for a skin problem.may i have a  skin problem? some one suggest me to test for hyperthyroidism and complete blood test and liver test.so what u think this is just a skin problem or a serious problem with my body..? please keep me posted..

Thanx again..
Thank you for ur suggestions.can u please recommend me some body test that may help me to eliminate this irritable problem?

Thanx again..