Upper Adominal Spasms
Last week, I woke up with very bad heartburn.  In about 12 hours, I was vomiting severly for hours.  I ended going into the ER and they said it could be a stomach bug or food posining.  They gave me medication for the nauseum, but now I have spasms in my upper abdomen.  What are your thoughts?  Do you think I could have pulled a muscle from getting sick?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Spasm in the upper abdomen can be due to bleeding gastric ulcer, severe acidity, mild leak of an ulcer into the abdomen or due to severe gastric reflux. Please consult your doctor ASAP or go to the ER to rule out any rigidity in the upper abdomen due to mild leak. This is the only dangerous thing that should be ruled out first. If the cause of spasms is found to be acidity then you need continued treatment for it along with changes in life style and food habit.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!