Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Upper Arm Pain mid arm between the elbow and shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 801-803 comments:
I have had this upper arm pain for nearly 6 months. It is painful to push, pull, or raise the arm to shoulder height. Putting my arm in the sleeve of my coat hurts. Driving is uncomfortable and the pain is worse during sleep. Because I am gluten intolerant, I have been gluten free for years. Unhappily, a G-free diet doesn't affect the pain. Aleve helps somewhat but it is a treatment, not a cure.
I have been dealing with the same intense pain in my right shoulder and arm for 9 months and after trying everything over the counter I finally tried Tiger Balm. I don't know if it was timing or what but the pain is 90% gone and I can finally sleep and put on mascara again. It is amazing. If you haven't tried it, try it.  It actually worked for me, I assure you I really tried everything over the counter as well as acupuncture, acupressure, weekly massages and every heat and cold wrap out there along with Aleve, Tylenol, Advil etc trying to fight the pain. Tiger Balm showed an immediate relief over night, but continued use over 2 weeks over night made the difference. I wanted to be sure to let you all know-I know the same pain.
i have pain and soreness also, been going on now for about 2 months its underneath on the backside of my upper arms, my right is worse than my left not sure what to do about it???  Sometimes also in my shoulders.  what is it, afraid of doctors as well.
Hi, I scare myself just thinking about it, I suffer with this as well. Just last weekend, my muscle on my left would hurt in thay same area as yours. All I kept thinking is, it's not the right Arm only my left all the time. Then it happened, my right muscle ached me like a toothache til then I started trippin! Now, it has stopped in my right and today started back in my upper left muscle. If you are listening father GOD please send one of your angels, that is a kind hearted Doctor, who would read these cry's and step outside they bodies to help others. It shouldn't "Always" have to be about the Money......Just doing a good deed! Just a small token goes a long way and would mean the world & so much to others!
I have the same pain in my arm with the lumps but also if I move my arm certain way it cracks but doesn'tgive relive from the pain just wwondering if your arm would crack by moving it certain way thanks for your info on this
where exactly did you place the electrodes ?
Hello all:

What jctpcp said to annipanni worked immediately!!!!.(see below)

WOW. WEE! I still don't believe it. Earlier i could not put my coat on without huge pain. Massaged one finger away from the base of the neck. BAM! pain gone.

I got a flu shot too first time in my life (dont know how that could effect ii, maybe made the tendons irritated or firm?).

But I did start using a laptop in a continuous position. i was kind of hunched over arms curved in towards the touchpad. My eyesight dwindling a little so nodding a little toward the screen.

GOODBYE LAPTOP.

From:
jcctan

Apr 26, 2014
To: annipanni

I have found the cause of all these "Arm Pains". It is actually the "Hardening or Injury" of the tendons beside our neck.

Use the knuckle of your pointer finger to massage the muscle "1 finger width" from the neck vertebrae. You should experience some pain on the muscle or tendon. Press as hard as possible (bearable pain) on pain area and stroke up and down. Do it from the top (just below the bone of the head) to bottom (end at the shoulder). You should feel immediate relief of your arm pain.

From:
jcctan

Apr 26, 2014
To: annipanni

I was diagnosed with breast cancer Stage 1, not in lymph nodes, margins were clear but close.  I had a lumpectomy in June 2014 followed by 7 weeks of radiation.  About 1 month after radiation (left side only) I started having pains and cracking bones in my right arm, it let up for a little while but then started in my left arm.  Today the pain is really bad.  I went to a physical therapist just this past Monday and I really like her.  She doesn't believe is doing strengthening exercises until the pain is gone but she used heat and a TENS machine on my neck and upper back and really dug into the trigger points on my upper back.  I'm still hurting of course but who wouldn't be after that.  Tonight I go in a massage chair while she does her thing with her magic fingers.  I too take Ibruprofen and use Ice which sometimes helps but not always.  I too have been on Lipitor for a while now and I also take another drug so my body won't make estrogen.  This is also suppose to cause joint pain but I was having the joint pain before I started taking this drug.   I've also been taking Acid Reflux meds for 20 years now and i was wondering if that does something to your muscles and bones.  Hoping for the best and hope everybody gets some relief.  
I will try vitamin D.  I have tried everything else. It's killing me I'm in pain all the time. I can't sleep and it's so annoying. I go to lift something and I can't. I have taken pain pills to relieve the pain, but you know the Dr's they don't want you to get hooked. I just got up and couldn't sleep @ 3 am and thought I'd go online to see what I could find out about this pain. Thanks I'll try it and let you know.
I get the same pain, probably not to the same degree as a lot of you though. Mine started around 6 weeks ago out of nowhere and I think is progressively getting worse. It's a dull ache in my upper right arm. It's more painful in the night and really aches when I first wake up. I wouldnt say its really painful at the minute but definitely getting more noticeable everyday. I can feel an ache down into my forearm and hand a lot of the time as well with the hand and wrist sometimes a bit stiff. I'm an avid gym goer (not to the extent of some of the giants you see in there), but like to keep fit. At first I put it down to maybe lifting to much but can not remember ever feeling I had around the time it started. I can not physically lift anything now in the gym, not even a 1/4 of the weight I normally would without excruciating pain. I haven't done any lifting in the gym for nearly 5 weeks now and the ache is still there and getting more and more noticeable so I'm not sure if it is actually gym related?????

Any help on here would be much appreciated
I get the same pain, probably not to the same degree as a lot of you though. Mine started around 6 weeks ago out of nowhere and I think is progressively getting worse. It's a dull ache in my upper right arm. It's more painful in the night and really aches when I first wake up. I wouldnt say its really painful at the minute but definitely getting more noticeable everyday. I can feel an ache down into my forearm and hand a lot of the time as well with the hand and wrist sometimes a bit stiff. I'm an avid gym goer (not to the extent of some of the giants you see in there), but like to keep fit. At first I put it down to maybe lifting to much but can not remember ever feeling I had around the time it started. I can not physically lift anything now in the gym, not even half the weight I normally would without excruciating pain. I haven't done any lifting in the gym for nearly 5 weeks now and the ache is still there and getting more and more noticeable so I'm not sure if it is actually gym related?????

Hi All, I found this forum quite some time ago when I was experiencing the same kind of pain in both arms. It was excruciating, frustrating and I seriously can't believe I managed to live on so little sleep for such a long time. It took many physicians and nearly a year to diagnose the problem. Because it was on both sides, they were convinced it was a spinal issue. Well, it wasn't.

Finally I had both of my shoulders x-rayed. Turns out I had advanced bone-on-bone osteoarthritis in both shoulder joints. They never considered this due to my age (mid-30s) and since it's not a wear and tear issue like it is in weight bearing joints like hips and knees. Apparently this NEVER happens in someone my age, much less on both sides at the same time. Bad genes have given me the shoulders of an 80 years old, although none of my pain was ever in or close to those joints.

Unfortunately, the more conservative cortisone shot and pill route did not work for me, so I just had the first of two partial shoulder replacement surgeries (hemi-caps). It was hard surgery and a painful recovery, but I can't believe how much better I feel.

So I just wanted to make sure all of you had your physicians check out your shoulder joints via x-rays and don't take no or "it couldn't be that" for an answer. It didn't show up in the MRIs. Every physician I have seen after my condition was diagnosed is shocked --- they all say this doesn't happen to someone my age. So please, even if your MDs are reluctant, push them to do everything. If I had insisted they x-ray all of my arms earlier, I would have saved so much time, pain and frustration. I hope you all find the source of your problems and can also get on the road to recovery.
recently i've had this stabbing feeling in my right arm between my elbow and shoulder its like a stabbing feeling it hurts so much i've only had it for like 2 days now though but i also have the chicken pox so im not sure.
It's odd that so many people share this symptom and pain.  Mine came out of the blue and I have now had this for several months without any real relief.  Some days it's worse than others.  I can't even pull the car door closed with my left arm without flinching.  It's just my left arm, and the pain is concentrated in that spot between the elbow and shoulder.  No joints involved and I don't recall over-extending or pulling it.  HOWEVER, until last year, I had avoided getting a flu shot.  I let my husband and kids talk me into it.  The pain I have is located where I had the shot, which was unusually painful at the time for some reason.  Due to so many people sharing this odd location for pain, I am wondering if the flu shot this year contained something damaging, or those of us who now have the pain were unfortunate enough to have the shot given by someone who damaged something physical due to their lack of knowledge about where to place the shot. Remember the shots are handed out like candy at every corner store now, so perhaps the expertise is lacking and damage is being done to crucial areas if the shots are carelessly being given.  I won't get another one until I research where exactly on the arm the shot should be administered.  I can't think of any other reason why so many people are suffering from pain in such an odd place.  
I had this same problem and I went to a fantastic physical therapist and she fixed me.  She found that I had a bulging disk in my neck.  She manipulated my neck and made it feel better and she showed me some neck exercises to do myself.  If I feel a flare up, I just do my neck exercises and within a couple times I start to feel better and after a couple days I am back to normal. Sometimes it only takes a couple tries to get it back in and feeling better.  You might have someone look at your neck and see if that is your problem.  I started out with it on my right side and it was excruciating and then had a slight amount of pain on the left but I'm doing great now.  She also showed me movements and positions to avoid so it wouldn't happen again.
A couple years ago I started having the pains in my arms as well.  Worse in the right than the left.  It got to the point where it kept me up at night and it was difficult to lift my arms above my head. I suffered like this for over a year.  I did the doctor, the naturalpath route and also consulted a pharmacist that deals with natural health.  During all this I had a few other health troubles that made me start adjusting my diet.  The largest difference that I've come up with is sugar.  I started eliminating sweets and the pain has all but gone. It wasn't instant but I have tested my theory a number of times with the same results.  When I eat sugar the pain comes back.  I was the biggest chocoholic.  No more.  I don't do deserts. No more ice cream etc etc.  I rarely experience the pains in my arms any more.  I have tested my theory a number of times. Recently I've had a few bad nights and thinking about it - i atribute the backslide to having three dinners in a row where i've over indulged the ketchup which has alot of sugar in it.  i haven't cut sugar completely from my diet but am seriously thinking about it. So far I've been able to manage it. This is a very easy fix for everyone to try and I am very curious if anyone gets the results I have.  I know the pain you are in.  I know this sounds too easy to be true but it cant hurt you to try it and its simple.  Good luck and keep me posted.
I have been suffering with the same pain as all of you for going on about 15 years, I just wanted to let you know that the doc say it has nothing to do with carpal tunnel! But let me tell you I have suffered many many nights with being woke up from the pain didn't matter how I was laying and no medicine helped, doctor sent me for a nerve conduction test came back normal, but he didn't stop there he went by what he was taught on carpal tunnel by doing the self test and by that he done the surgery on my left hand on March 20th and since then I have had no pain in my left upper arm that I've had for 15 years or more, I can move it freely now with no pain and before couldn't lift it out level with my shoulder, or sleep at night!!! ! But I can now! That was my left arm!! With that being said left arm is pain free now.. But my right arm I still have the excruciatingly pain! But he hasn't done my surgery on my right hand.... Will update after the surgery on my right hand....
Im saying from my experience mine had everything to do with carpal tunnel and you can not always go by the nerve studies they preform
Studies have shown that most people are low in Vitamin D3. It doesn't hurt you to take it. It comes in gummy form too.
I just happened across this forum while researching a problem a client of mine has. Seems a lot of you have similar issues, and although I haven't read all the posts, I felt I should toss in my two cents worth in the hopes of helping some of you.
I have been a massage therapist for 18 years, and what many of you describe is something I see almost daily. Poor posture, overworking muscles and not enough stretching are the main contributing factors.
Upper arm pain almost always starts from tight pectorals or neck muscles. I would suggest stretching the pectorals first. Starting at shoulder height and slowly moving the arm higher. Hold these stretches for a good minute and time it. You can find instructions on how to stretch these muscles on Google. Stretching these as often as you can, every day, will make a huge difference.
Massage or using a TENS unit on the pectorals, upper arm and upper back muscles will speed up recovery. Addressing trigger points in the pecs,
deltoids, bicep, tricep and rotator cuff is also necessary.
My observation has been that laptops and tablets contribute hugely to these issues, so maybe minimize usage of these.
As a physical therapist, you and all the others before you are describing what I saw frequently in people that consistently ended up being at least partially due to neck limitations. When the discomfort came on in sitting, such as on the sofa or easy chair, the postural component was involved, and when it came on in bed, attention to proper pillow adjustment was needed.
The most frequently helpful exercises were simple neck rotation in an erect sitting position. This means sitting on a firm surface with the hips higher than the knees, so the thighs slope down, feet flat on the floor, somewhat widely spaced. You may need to sit on a rolled up blanket of some thick books to get high enough. Sitting tall and away from the back of the chair, turn your head slowly from side to side, "pulling" with your eyes to see how far you can see each time. Make special effort to get taller at the far end of each turn.
If there is any discomfort in the neck with this, it should decrease as you continue, or if it stays the same,  you are probably able to turn it farther/see farther. If the arm pain is present at the start, it often diminishes with each repetition. Basically postural improvement is important.
Physical therapy should be able to make an immediate improvement, but if not (and you are actually seeing a physical therapist and not a physical therapist assistant--who isn't trained to do the problem-solving you need) do not hesitate to ask for a different one or go to a different place where other PT work. Seeking out an orthopedic physical therapist would be a good idea. The good therapists explain and teach you how to not have to depend on them, giving you ways of learning how to solve the problem and avoid its coming back again.
ask to see a physical therapist--from a physical therapist who has treated lots of this problem quite successfully and quickly
no surgery--just ask to see a physical therapist and switch around if you need to until you find one that is helping you immediately. It should not take long and the therapist should be able to explain it all to you. You may be evaluated by a therapist and then shifted to a physical therapist assistant. If this isn't getting you good progress each time you are seen, ask to be seen by the physical therapist each time. If they won't do this, go to a different place where you can be seen by a therapist each time. I'm a PT and I've seen and treated many people like all of you on this site.
Really!!  We should have benefits/rewards for making it this far in life not be penalized with aches,pains and all the other crap that come with age. I have been having problems with pain in my upper arms .. left being WORSE..
THANK YOU!

THE MASSAGE TECHNIQUE WORKS! The pain in both my upper arms has subsided.

I think we should call this two armed pain LAPTOP-ITIS as it is clear that both arms feel equally bad for a rather obvious reason. It's most likely both the muscles/tendons in the arm and the neck that are affected from over use.

Watch this visual explanation (I got it from an earlier post, THANK YOU) - no chinese required. THE KEY is to press as hard as you can bear it. Some light stroking is not enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLtaaCd1Hs&index=5&list=PLBxQ0nLKmyOLRzJoOv-cZgqSoQOYsdYCm

Remember - one treatment is not enough - you need to repeat this technique as often as you can if you choose to continue using your laptop... The modern day consequence.

Good luck!

I too have the same mysterious, intense pain in the middle of my upper right arm - between the shoulder and elbow.  In reading all the posts and replies, I found something that rang true.  Several have said the pain is being triggered by misaligned vertebrae at the base of the neck and upper back.  I happen to own a "cervical traction unit"  which is a simple device that gently stretches the back of the neck.  It hangs over any closet door and is made up of a piece of foam tubing, nylon rope and some plastic.  I got mine from my chiropractor at a Maximum Living  Clinic.  I decided to try a few repetitions of neck traction (which I hadn't done in months)...and the pain went away almost instantly.  Even though the pain was gone, I did about 30 more repetitions one half hour later - just for good measure.  It has been several hours and the pain has not come back. If the pain does come back, I will simply erase it with traction again! No drugs, just traction.
my pain has got so bad that I sleep on the couch because trying to sleep I my bed is terrible. Got a new bed, no better. My arms go numb, stiff, fingers tingle and I have pain when I am doing nothing.  I have taken a muscle relaxer, no change, ibuprofen and I take vitamin d3 2000  and it has not made it better. Something has to give. I read all the comments and someone should be able to help us. We are in different fields of work and we all have the same symptoms. HELP!
I have the same problem.Started in my right arm shoulder and back of my neck november last.Pain is just terrible.Can't lift up my arm very high.Finding it very hard to put on my clothes.Now it's starting in my left armand shoulder  I have had some physio done on my right arm and shoulder,no help.What i really want to say here i had physio done in a rehabiltation hospital as i was in there for another reason. I was told by physio there that the pain in my arm and shoulder was coming from my brain  I was also told how to manage this pain,but this is not working for me no matter what i do it won't go.Did any of you ever hear of this pain coming from brain,i must say i felt like a fruitcake.Teresa.

I have the same problem.Started in my right arm shoulder and back of my neck november last.Pain is just terrible.Can't lift up my arm very high.Finding it very hard to put on my clothes.Now it's starting in my other arm.  I have had some physio done on my right arm and shoulder,no help.What i really want to say here i had physio done in a rehabiltation hospital as i was in there for another reason. I was told by physio there that the pain was coming from my brain.I was also told how to manage this pain,but this is not working for me no matter what i do it won't go.Did any of you ever hear of this pain coming from brain,i must say i felt like a fruitcake.

You'd think this is crazy but it works! The video is in Chinese but you can see the pressure points, much higher up than I expected. My pain is in about half way between elbow and shoulder of my left arm and slightly on the outside. I couldn't do the massage with my left hand because it hurt too much to raise that arm. So I made a rather amateur attempt with my right, pressing hard with my fingers in a small circling motion and it worked. Now I need to find the cause. Too much time on a laptop maybe? I'm sure this massage will have to be repeated often until I find the cause and remedy that.

Thanks so much! I hope others will give this a try.
Hi All
I feel a great deal of relief at finding you all.
I have been searching for an answer to my left arm pain for awhile now. Pain started over 2 months ago. I was seeing a physio at the time and he thought it was the start of Fibromyalgia as I have M.E./cfs already. My GP says no. I just woke up with the pain, it's a constant dull ache, unless I move my arm and then it can be a sharp pain that can make me cry out. I can only lift my left arm up so far now. Reaching behind me causes a great deal of pain. Getting clothes off, I too am resorting to lifting things over my head using my right hand. I did have pain in my right elbow, but while sick with a virus that went away. I did wonder if the pain in my left arm was caused by the way I sit at the PC, resting my chin in left hand, left elbow resting on desk, so I'm trying to stop doing this. Warm water doesn't make a huge difference. I can't take loads of painkillers as I have IBS constipation type and painkillers would make this worse, plus I want a cure not a coverup. I'm amazed at how many people are posting with the same type of pain, and no clear diagnosis.
Hi there, I have had this pain for a few months and assumed it was from travel and sleeping in a lot of different beds. Like so many others, I'm amazed at how many people are on this forum with the exact same problem; I thought I was all alone!  My arm/shoulder pain started at the same time as a stiffness in my neck so I thought they must be related and eventually went to an osteopath for help.  He tested my muscle strength and said that I had 'stuck' vertebrae at the top of my neck that could be causing pain running into my arm.  He manipulated my neck firmly and I was amazed that when I left his office the pain had gone and I had more movement. But it hasn't lasted, both the arm pain and neck stiffness returned after a week or so. Very disappointing; I think its because we have 'muscle memory' and it takes a lot of work to change the habituated patterns of our bodies and lifestyle. I'm doing exercises he recommended and will keep at this thing until I get relief. So I believe (in my case at least) the neck and arm/shoulder pain are related, and the two things I've found that DO give some relief at night to sleep are: using a memory foam pillow - it takes a bit of getting used to but gives your neck the right support and prevents sleeping on your stomach (in case any of you have that bad habit) just start out sleeping on your back and on the non-sore side.  Also, use topical ibuprofen cream before bed; it's not good to take the tabs long-term, but the cream does give enough relief help me get to sleep.  Also, learn some pain management techniques to get your mind off the pain; I know that might sound twee, but you have to heal yourself, no doctor is going to do it for you.  
i honestly cannot believe so many people have suffered the same as myself, i have spent £250 at the osteopath trying to get rid of this it started in my neck and she got rid of it over about six sessions but now it seem's to have moved down my arm i cannot afford to keep going back £37 a time and don't want to keep taking pills
there must be something else i can do, my right arm is so week i couldn't even open a jar or hold my arm up to put my jumper on the other day
I have a small lump protruding on my right arm above my elbow, that if even the wind or rain even hit it it brings about very extreme pain as well as when I hit that spot in my arm or if someone touches it will make me cry out in pain and tears.
It sound like you may have issues in your spin.  I had the same type of pain in my arm and eventually it got unbearable.  They performed and MRI on my spin and found out I had bone on bone contact in my neck which was pinching the nerve causing the pain that was radiating down my arm.  I had surgery on my neck and had 4 vertebrae replaced and fused.  I have not had any further problems for over 7 years now.  Food for thought.
I recently started having arm pain.  It's a new symptom with all other problems.  I have even very inactive the past year and a half, due to medical problems.  I have had two back surgeries all involved L3,4,5.  I saw the connection about problems with back.  My neck is stiff.  I am on pain management, so I can't imagine what this would be like without medication.  Some mention staying on I pad to often.  Also arm pain can be linked to fibro, heart problems.  
I have had this Rt upper arm pain now for 6 months. It has progressively gotten worse and now is severe. I have had an xray, 2 MRI's, labs, seen my GP, Ortho and Chiro.  No answers. Ultrasound does help but only for a few days. I cannot sleep at night and have a high stress job and have to travel for work. The pain is so bad at night and I am losing ROM in my arm and cannot lift it above my shoulder or behind my back now.  It is not my shoulder and not my elbow it is in between there and is a dull ache like a toothache and radiates around my arm there and into my arm pit.  The last 2 days I have felt achy all over which is very unusual for me.  They want me to live on Muscle relaxants and Cortisone shots. I want to know what is wrong.  I was very healthy and active before this happened.  I know there are worse things but this has turned my world upside down. I cannot open things, do my yard work, house work, or blow dry my hair. Mostly I cannot sleep. I have been hiding it from my employer.    I take plenty of Vit D and eat a healthy non gluten diet, but will point out I am on the Computer hours a day due to my work.  I am wondering if this is TOS or a Repetitive Muscle injury. You always hear about the wrist but not the upper arm. So glad to have found this thread.
funny I m on atorvastatin 10 mg (generic for Lipitor ) and now that I take it nightly before bed  the shoulder pain on my left arm.  is getting more steady  forgot to bring this up to my MD when I seen him on June 1st. it seems to help some if I sleep on my left shoulder at night . when I sleep on my right side shoulder the left arm that is having the pain seem to be worst .only by adding the weight of my body is there a improvement on the left arm.  been on Lipitor for about 2 years now and started taking it every night like prescribed about 6 months ago and maybe 4-6 months ago now has the pain in the arm started .
I woke up one morning with a terrible pain in both upper arms and found everything I did painful and restricting.  After a month I saw my GP who took  blood and sent it away for various analyses, the results show I have Vitamin D deficiency - badly.  This has been heralded as the cause of my upper arm pain and although having had 6 weeks of the strongest dose and now on a lower dose for life my right arm is still causing problems and seems to have no rhyme or reason to the pain coming and going. I am hoping that over a longer period of time it will get better with the Vitamin D.  My left arm is a lot better  - we shall see,
I wanted to let you know I saw a Massage therapist.  She said I had Frozen shoulder and that not all people have the "classical symptoms" like tingling hands and fingers.  She did Trigger point therapy on me and really hurt but I could see the difference and finally got some sleep.
I saw her 3 days in a row and she went over all the muscles that were involved with causing that upper arm pain that feels like a toothache in my arm.  She worked on my neck, scalp, under arm, Pecs, shoulder,shoulder blade, hand, forerarm and really worked that area that hurts. I was amazed the next day how much better I felt and my ROM was better.  She gave me exercises to do several times a day and taped me up with KT Tape.  Yesterday I almost felt normal.  Most relief I have had.  She wants me to keep moving it and I am going to do what she says. I hope this helps someone else. Find an experienced LMT or Sports Medicine Doctor.  All my MRIs , Xrays and labs are normal.
I suffered with this condition for weeks before doing this Google search because I attributed the pain to carelessly sitting at the computer in an almost sideways (not totally facing) the monitor way.  But, after finding all these comments, am relieved to see that it might be more than I thought.  You've described several ailments, so it appears it might be "Frozen Shoulder", Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, or brachial plexus; the first video names several causes.  Anyway, a cursory YouTube search revealed the following for your research purposes:

Pain in the Upper Arm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhQLz0GfIaY

Top 3 Exercises for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4aXRj0uIj4

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - Sleeping Positions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2-7Fk57vY

Tests to Assess Thoracic Outlet Syndrome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1jdnWJ2iY

Self-treatment Guidelines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXeQ0Qu2RUU

Proverbs 11:25 - A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

Hope that this helps!

HAVE YOU GOTTEN BETTER YET? IS THERE A SURGERY FOR THIS IM TIRED OF PAIN
rhabdomyolysis
Myoglobin is a protein component of the muscle cells that is released into the blood when the skeletal muscle is destroyed in rhabdomyolysis. Creatine kinase is an enzyme (a protein that facilitates chemical reactions in the body) also in the muscle cells. The level of each of these proteins can be measured at   in blood to monitor the degree of muscle injury from rhabdomyolysis. Myoglobin can also be measured in samples of urine.

Just another possibility.
rhabdomyolysis

Just another possibility to test.
Both doc and physical therapist had warned me that shoulder injury can exhibit pain in mid arm instead of on the shoulder itself.

After five months of struggling with excruciating mid arm pain (and after six weeks of physical therapy) my doc finally ordered an MRI.

Diagnosis: complete rotator cuff tear. Treatment: surgery.

Rotator cuff tears can happen either from aging (general usage) or from a singular event.

ugh!! I have this as well, except mine feels better when I lay on it. Mine also on top and very deep feeling.
Thank you it helps that another person knows just how painful this is.I don't remember any injury to bring this on although years ago I did fall out the back of a truck and other people fell on top of me.I was so hurt I could not remove my clothing and did go to the hospital.This developed 20 years later.My arm is so bad I put it up in a make shift sling,to take the pressure off the arm.I am using a massager with a heated red light on the end of this machine.Seems to help.I am waiting to see a specialist.I am 53 year old female in good health except for this pain.I can't find any medication that helps.I use Oxycodone 40 mg 2 times daily.Baclofen 10mg 1 tab 2x daily.Naproxen 375mg 1 tab2x daily as needed.Bromazepam 1 tab 2x daily as needed.non of this works but helps to some degree.
Well, add another name to the long list of arm pain sufferers. This has been plaguing me for several weeks now. It's gotten progressively worse. I went to my GP who said "bursitis" gave me ibuprofen and ordered an X-ray, which I didn't do. I knew there was no injury. After the ibuprofen didn't do a thing I tried this antique "magic mud", Antiphlogistine stuff I had. It's a poultice that's supposed to draw out inflammation. It did seem to help for awhile. I was about to cave in and get the X-ray when I found this blog. Seems everything is a waste of time and money. The pain pills I have don't even take away all the pain.

After reading above I did try the massage suggested from the neck to the shoulder. I found I had two very tender spots. One next to the cervical spine and another in the lower shoulder. It really helped a lot but then something happened. I got painful swelling and heat in those two spots. That night I iced them down and they're better now. That night I woke with the worst pain so far in my left arm. So yesterday I took pain pills and kept heat on my arm. It's better again. We will see what happens today but I am sick of this. Normally I'm very healthy and active. This is putting me down and depressed.

I got this iPad for Christmas and have just been addicted to it. Is that the culprit?  It does "add up". I've really been limiting myself now. Who would have thought?
I have done so many google searches in regards to this pain that I have and as many I thought that I was alone. It started off gradually, and finally gotten to the point that my husband took me to the ER. They, of course, did a x-ray and could see nothing wrong, so they sent me off with a script for a pain killer and back to work. Although the pain killers did help me get through the day at work, my pain in my shoulder has only gotten worse and now jolts down to my elbow, now to the point that I freeze up in pain. I've read so many posts talking about a vitamin D deficiency, to pressure points, to every thing else. Nothing has helped me thus far, and I don't have a vitamin deficiency. So now, I'm at a loss and no idea what to do next ... any suggestions ?
This may sound weird and unconventional but I go to a holistic dr and have the same pain.  He said it is from my diet.  So I started taking sugar out of my diet (no artificial anything) and absolutely no white sugar and the pain is subsiding and several other ailments I have been living with for years seem to be going away also.  My pain was in the front of my shoulder (not the joint) but the muscles and moved down the upper part of my arm. I certainly don't know if this is your problem too but it is making a world of difference to my issues.  
Viewing 801-803 comments: