Upper Back Itch - No rash or hives
For the past week have had severe itching on upper back; not localized. There is no rash, bumps, or hives.  Have used hydrocortisone cream, cream for poison ivy and taken benadryl (which does help some).  Have check continually for any body lice on back or interior of clothing but there is none.  Have also had burning/itching eyes some days and a slightly flushed look to my upper chest (though no itching there).  I do not appear to have a sunburn.  Could this possibly be just an allergy?  How long should I wait it out before getting medical help?
Have you changed laundry soap, or bath products recently?
I recently purchased a different formula of detergent - though it is the same brand, though most of my clothes hanging in my closet haven't been washed yet with it. Could that be causing it?  Wouldn't I have an allover itch or no?  Could it happen just from wearing it once and when can I expect it to go away if this is the problem?
Sometimes just the skin on certain areas of your body is sensitive to a new product. You may have to consider re-washing anything that was washed in that detergent. Sheets and towels too.