Upper abdomen pain on both sides and pelvic pressure
I am a 34 yr healthy mother of 2 children. I have had some pain for the last two years that seem to get worst but still don't know whats wrong. Last year upon many tests, specialist diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. My family doc ddoesn't believe in such a disease, I agree with her. It all started with a severe headache (I never had any sort of headache in the past- NEVER). It lasted a week, went to walk in clinic then hospital emerg then my family doc, it wasn't migraine so what triggered the headache? I got some strong P....meds and get well soon from doc. That headache is still lingering on, it comes and goes. I had MRI and CT scan done and everything is normal as always. Then slowly after the headache attack came tingling, pins and needle mostly on both legs and arms, slowly started feeling it all over but not at the sametime. It happens everyday, more than a few times. Now I feel pain in the upper abdomen on the rib cage on both sides, also sometimes pain radiates to the back of both sides, pressure pain with cramps and major discomfort on the lower abdomen and pelvic area. Hosp emerg thought it might be appendix but CT scan showed all normal organs. I do have fatty liver for 2 yrs now and even though I have lost weight and eating less fatty food, the fatty liver is the same. I asked my doc to run a liver function test. I also have cysts in my ovaries. On the CT scan, it showed that one was large and it might be putting pressure on the pelvic. I just want some answers....I don't get any support from my hubby b/c he thinks I make up my pain and nothing is wrong with me. I also notice major hair loss, lack of sex drive, lack of energy, get tired after performing one task and its not like me. I believe its either ovarian cancer or something seriously wrong with my liver or kidney since the pain is in both sides. Any advice anyone. PLEASE HELP!!!  
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The symptoms in your case could be due to spinal nerve compression in the cervical region. This can occur due to spondylosis, narrowing of root canal, bulging disc, reduced disc space, tumors etc. A MRI of the region can help you diagnose this. Please consult a neurologist for this.
‘Benign intracranial hypertension’ (BIH) is another possibility. This happens due to impaired CSF absorption. A generalized throbbing headache worst felt in the morning and last thing at night. This headache is generally relieved on standing (consistent with raised intracranial pressure). It is aggravated by straining, coughing or a change in position. Hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism, adrenal insufficiency are a few things I would recommend you get investigated for. These can precipitate BIH. A spinal tap is a must both to diagnose the condition and to treat it.
Ovarian cysts too can cause a lot of hormonal imbalance, hence must be treated.
IBS and GERD are the other possibilities that should be looked into. Please talk to your PCP regarding these suggestions.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!