Upper abdominal pain
I've been getter this pain on and off for well over a year now. Its in the centre, upper area of my abdomen. It's very much a dull, constant pain, and feels like something is inflamed. I always lose my appetite until it passes. I've never figured anything that triggered it, however drinking water and curling up into a ball generally helps. I would always feel it after drinking, and be rather hungover when I had drunk much less compared to my friends. I started taking a multivitamin and soon enough I didn't get any pain. After looking into the ingredients and researching a few, I decided to try taking the milk thistle just by itself. Turns out, while taking milk thistle I don't get this pain, and I can actually have more than a few drinks and wake hangover free. If I stop taking it for a few days, pain returns.

First question is, any idea what caused the pain in the first place?
Second, what do people say about taking milk thistle for a long time? I've read mixed answers to that.

Also I'm 20, female, and no do not drink every day, usually twice a month or so, and this started before I drank alcohol.
Drinking hurts your liver, the relief from milk thristle is temperary.  You need to quit drinking altogether and start a complete cleansing program.  You should feel much better after that.  If you don't believe, ask your doc to order you a liver anzyme test before and after your cleansing.  In fact, cleansing is recommended to be done every 2-3 months, but I only do it every 6 months.  I feel refreshed, happy, and healthy as a new person each time.
Seeing your doctor is a good idea.  S/he can run a metabolic panel to check various levels.  Chronic stomach pain isn't a good thing. It is better to get it checked out now before whatever is going on has a chance to get serious.
I would go have your liver and gallbladder checked. I just had mine removed yesterday because of gallstones. It is as simple as a blood test and ultrasound. You could have gallstones or sludge in your gallbladder that is causing the pain.  I can't wait to get back up on my feet and be pain free. Best of luck, Sissie
Probably should have mentioned that I have been to the doctor over this before. I had bloods taken and he said everything was fine, I was tested for a few things including liver enzyme levels. I can also feel the pain after exercise. And yes, I know drinking alcohol isn't helping matters, but this all started before alcohol. But thank you for your answers.
Just wondering if you were taking the milk thistle when you had your liver tested as this could have altered the results?
Have you been tested for h.pylori?  I have had it and it can cause the kind of pain you describe.  So can parasites or yeast in the gut.  Many doctors aren't aware of these possibilities so they don't think to test for it. I have had both of these as well.  All were found in a GI analysis done on a stool sample.