Upper back pain, shoulder, arm and tingling fingers
After exercising with weights I began to have substantial pain in my upper back left side near the spine. The pain was also manifesting in the shoulder blade area and would move from the left shoulder to the right occassionally. Now have pain radiating through my right armpit and fingers on both sides tingle. Have muscles spasms in right pectoral muscle and sometimes on right side of body under the armpit. After four weeks it seems to be about the same pain sometime days worse than others. Have not been to a doctor, thought it would heal on its own but haven't got the funds to meet the insurance deductables. Taking NSAIDS. Is this a nerve problem, pulled muscle or something else?

Also have had lower back problems for 15 years. No diagnosis of disc problems in the past.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
There is a chance that you have strained your rhomboids and pectorals. There is also a chance that there is pressure on your lower cervical or upper thoracic nerves. This can happen due to overuse of computers or neck strain, work involving straining of neck and upper back, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis etc. Please consult an orthopedic specialist or a neurologist.
You can also discuss these possibilities with your doctor (PCP) and get a referral for a sports clinic and consult a sports medicine specialist.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!