Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Upper back pain with rash/bumps on upper back and neck

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have had bad upper back pain for approximately 3 weeks now.  I've tried many methods to attempt to soothe it, but nothing seems to be working.  As well as pain, I have a rash on my upper back.  It is red, bumpy, and extremely itchy.  Does anyone know what this diagnosis may be?  And how do you treat it?
Avatar n tn
sounds like shingles ! see gp for antibiotics . x x
Avatar n tn
Shingles is cause by the same virus that causes Chickenpox.  You cannot have shingles unless previously having chickenpox.  It happens when the dormant virus is triggered.  Since it is cause by a virus, antibiotics will not be helpful in the treatment.  Pain is treated as are the other symptoms.  It is very painful and can leave residual neuropathy.  I would seek medical advice soon.
Avatar n tn
sorry if i mis advised you ! in uk we are treated with striodal anibiotics for shingles  x