Upper left abdominal pain and bubbles in urine

I am a 28 year old male. For the last 2 months or so, I have had soreness in the mid to left part of my upper abdomen, just below the ribs. I typically only feel it when turning my upper body, hunching forward, or when trying to put my left arm into a sleeve while trying to put my coat on. I also feel a slight pain in the same place but on my back.

I have seen a doctor about the soreness and a lump sensation I was feeling in my throat at the same time. He thought it may be related to acid reflux, as I do get heart burn once in a while. He sent me for an H pylori breath test and a barium swallow. I have yet to go for the barium swallow, but the H pylori test is likely negative, as I did not hear back.

Now for the last month, I have noticed clusters of  bubbles which accumulate in the toilet boil every time I urinate. The size of the bubbles range from tiny fizz to grape size and they do not dissipate, at least in the short term.

I will be going back to talk to the doctor about the bubbles, as well as a pain in my knee and some inflammation on the knuckle of my right index finger in case it might be related.

Note that I had inflammation in the same spot 2 years ago and had some tests to check for Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis, but the doctor said the tests came back normal. Otherwise, a diagnosis of either of these illnesses would explain everything.

It might also be worth mentioning that at the onset of the recent abdominal pain and bubbly urine, I did have some aches and pains all over as well as a fever of 101.5 for about 3 days. Since then, I have not had any temperature above 99.0, but I do feel flushed quite often and sometimes my skin seems very warm to the touch.

My question is: Does anyone here know if the upper abdominal discomfort and urine bubbles might be related and if so, what might be causing it?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Bubbles in urine are usually due to urinating too fast or due to dehydration. Hence drink more fluids and see. Also it can be due to protein in urine so get that tested. IBS, gastric reflux, celiac disease and Crohn’s disease are some of the things you should get tested for as IBS and Crohn’s are also related to kidney problems and arthritis. Get your liver and pancreatic function assessed too.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!
Thank you very much for your answer. I will rehash my symptoms with the doctor tomorrow and mention those possibilities. Hopefully he will send me for more tests that lead to a diagnosis. Thanks again & take care!
Hi Lowryder did you manage to get a diagnosis for your symptoms?
I'm having the same issues and think I need to see a doctor as well , so would really help to know what the diagnosis was for you.
My doctor tested me for h pylori test, which was negative. I then had a barium swallow, and was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia and a moderate amount of acid reflux.

The pain still comes and goes with me and I still have bubbles in my urine, but the doctor does not seem concerned.

It was suggested that I take a proton pump inhibitor. However, I am concerned of the affects this will have on my body over all. While still considering the option, I am trying to treat the issues uncovered by the barium swallow diagnosis byavoiding aggrivating factors, adjusting sleep position, etc.

Definitely see a doctor for some testing, as these symptoms could indicate many possible causes, some serious and others not.

I am hoping my journey in troubleshooting this problem is over, but I will keep you posted with any further developments. Please keep us posted as well. Thank you and take care!