Upper left arm pain and weakness
Left upper arm pain and weakness for about 3-4 days.  Pain to touch around front of shoulder.  Extreme weakness and Inability to reach forward and up. Inability (extreme weakness and pain) on bringing hand to mouth and to brush hair.  Nothing I think of that I did that would cause this.  I do sleep on my left arm with it under my pillow, but have never had this before. Any suggestions as to what this might be? Have been using 1000mg Tylenol and ice. Will now switch to heat.  Will go to MD in 2 days but would like suggestions before that. Thank you very much.
Try Ibuprofen (Motrin) vs Tylenol; it is better for pain-related inflammation.  Keep off the arm while lying.  Do not do any lifting, but try to move the arm throughout the day.  I just had the same problem myself a week ago; I like to hold onto my husband while sleeping and did it in the same position two nights in a row.  My arm was in alot of pain, aching and such.  Never had any problems with this in my life until now, but attribute it to getting older.  
I have to agree with Londres, The Motrin will be good for any inflammation, also try to alternate the ice and heat, that too will help with the pain. Try not to lay on that shoulder and prop that arm up on a pillow if you lay on your side at night. These things will make a world of difference. Get better soon.
I have the Same problem in my left arm I try your suggestion.