Upper right chest pain, radiating to sternum. Stinging back pain, shortness of breath.
Since last Thursday (12/3/09) I've been experiencing a dull, squeezing pain that occasionally turns into a sharp pain approximately 4 inches below my right collar bone, just above the right breast and on the right side of my sternum. There is a stinging like pain in my back, between my shoulder blades and I've noticed that activities such as vacuuming make me mildly short of breath. These symptoms come and go throughout the day. On Saturday (12/5/2009) I broke down and went to the emergency room. It took them 3 times to find my blood pressure which ended up being 130/90 (mine you, I was having a massive panic attack in the process), they made me chew four baby aspirin and performed an EKG, blood work and did a chest X-Ray. After three hours in the ER the nurse came in and said everything was fine and diagnosed me with "Non-Cardiac Chest Pain" and sent me home with a prescription for painkillers. Does anyone know what this could be?

Here is a little background about me: I am 24 years old, 130lbs - 5'6". I smoke approximately a pack of cigarettes a day for 9 years. I suffer from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (Hypochondria), Migraines and Ovarian Cysts. I have been under a considerable amount of stress since December 2008.

I inherited a peak flow meter a few years ago and my peak flow has been normal every time I've taken it throughout this ordeal.

Thanks so much!

P.S.
I have no congestion, wet cough, fever, etc. The only symptoms I have are the one's listed above.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have pain in the right side of chest and between shoulder blades, and have been given a clean chit regarding heart attack then gall bladder issues, liver dysfunction and duodenal ulcer should be looked into. Costochondritis and arthritis too can cause these type of pains. Extreme exposure to cold, strenuous activity and muscle pull can be the other reasons. It could also be shingles if the area in front and the back is at the same level. Fibromyalgia is another possibility.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Discuss these possibilities with your PCP. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!