Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Uterine Perforation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Uterine Perforation

Hey everyone can some please tell me what are the symtoms (symptoms) of Uterine Peforation. I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) last year November and a D&C was performed.  I was also given the contraception DEPO following the surgery.  After the surgery I had very light bleeding for about a week or two. Upon the third week I had a bleeding that was bright red and it lasted for 12weeks plus.  I was told by my GP that the bleeding could have been as a result of the DEPO.  He suggested that I have a scanned done and everything appeared normal on the scan.  The bleeding ended with the help of the combine pill and since then I have been having regular periods.  About a month ago I started encountering sever abdominal pain and was immediately admitted to the hospital.  Blood test were done and all appeared normal. I was further booked for a scan which showed that I had a build up of fluid in my right fallopian tube.  However, lately I found it very difficult to pass stool.  I have become quite constipated although I am taking my fibre and I have noticed that there is blood present in my stool.  I have been doing my studies on the internet and came across perforation of the uterus.  Does any of my symptoms have any link to this. Would a scan detect perforation of the Uterus. I am schedule for a surgery in about 6weeks time and I am really scared.  
I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c, luckily enough I didn't need a D&C with mine. *hugs*

I read on http://www.emedicine.com/med/TOPIC3310.HTM (under morbidity/mortality) that uterine perf is a complication of a D&C, however, you are saying you wonder if what you are experiencing now is a uterine perf? I have to imagine there would be a significant amount of bleeding, and your blood work should have shown anemia. Do you have endometriosis? I hope you find something out soon!!

Best wishes.
Thanks for your reply...There is no significant amount of bleeding.  My periods last about 5-6days and flows are just as normal.  I am also not encountering any irregular bleedings. To be quite honest with you Endometriosis never came up in any of my doctors appointments but I do intend to bring it up before the surgery.  Do you think that Endometriosis will also contribute to constipation and rectal bleeding? I'm 26yrs old so the doctors are ruling out colon cancer, however I am due to have an examination of the anus in a few days time along with some blood test. Since my miscarraige (miscarriage) I have been in and out of my GP's office and I now becoming so weary. With all this complication I am afraid that I may never be able to gave my husband a child.
Most definitely it could contribute to the rectal bleeding/constipation, particularly if there are endometrial cells in your colon. It can't hurt to bring it up, then they can look for it while they've got you on the operating table.

I know how you feel, I've been TTC passively for almost two years now, and it's just not happening. The technology that is out there now, IUI, IVF, it'll happen it might just take a little extra effort, but will be well worth it in the end.

Samantha xx