Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vaginal Discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Vaginal Discomfort

Has anybody ever experienced discomfort in the lower right side of the vagina? I went to the gyn doctor when this first started happening and she said she couldn't see anything but it looked a bit inflammed and that it was a bad yeast infection. So she sent me on my way with a prescription for a one time dose of Diflucan. I must say 10 minutes after taking the pill I started feeling relief, but I do remember eatting candy and drinking pop while taking it but still I felt a lottttt better....so a month later I start feeling the symptoms again. So I call the gyn office and they said everything came back clear after my appointment and told me not to drink alcohol or have any sugars and they ended up prescribing me another pill. Sameething happened. So is it possuble I may need to be on this pill longer to get whatever it is out? If the pill worked so well does it mean it is a yeast infection. I feel the most discomfort while sitting. Since I sit at a desk all day I feel it quite often.....it seems to go down a little over the weekend. I also notice it more after I go pee. I have been to 3 doctors and noooo one knowssss

This is soooooo uncomfortable and I have lost a few pounds trying not to eat anything that may be triggering this burny feeling!

pleaseee help if you know what I could or should be doing!
I lot of girls/women get yeast infections while mensturating, or just before/after.  This could be why it's happening monthly.  Make sure any panty liners or pads you dont wear longer than a day, switch them.  Also tampons depending on size because of your vulnerability to the infection, I would switch every 4 hours or sooner if needed.  Try this, along with eating live culture yogurts.
I then started to think if it was a uti a severe one cause why would I feel constant burning while sitting? I am soooo confused! thanks sooo much for answering me!
I used to get tons of UTI's, does it burn when you pee? do you feel the urge to pee but nothing comes out or a few drops? it could also cause sweating and cramps too.    If what you're feeling is more itchy than i'd say yeast infection but i'd go to planned parenthood or your gyno and if you're not happy with the diagnosis you can always seek a second opinion it never hurts!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If the treatment is giving you relief, then yes, it could be a yeast infection. Yeast infection or thrush is at times very difficult to treat. You may need to take oral antifungal pills twice a week for 3-4 weeks along with local application of antifungal cream. There are many types of antifungals available. Take an OTC antifungal with a combination of two or more anti fungals. Use both oral and local application. At times both partners need to be treated. Test for diabetes and other STDs as presence of either or both can make it difficult to treat the fungal infection. Various reasons for recurrent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Discuss this with your gynecologist. Take care!