Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vaginal Pain and Pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Vaginal Pain and Pressure

I've been having trouble for a year now and recently had a 7.2cm cyst along with my ovaries removed Nov 9,  recovering from the surgery well but still feeling the same pain and pressure in my vagina,, it feels like I'm walking around with a golf ball inside, and I'm having intense cramping like menstral cramps, but I have no parts left,,she didn't even do an internal exam Post Op, just had a peek at my incision, the Gyn says it could be my bladder or bowels and there's nothing that can be done,,that's just the way it is,, What kind of **** is that? who should I be seeing?,would a URO-Gyn be any better? I don't have a regular doctor just walk in clinics and I'm so tired of being in pain,, I can barely sit, stand or lay down, and I started back to work last week,,

Sue
Just an idea--the doc will know, of course.  But, could be something called (sp??)rectocele?  You can google that word, and see if the symptoms describe what you feel.  If so, there is definitely something that can be done to help you.  There are many doctors who specialize in this--but a colon-rectal specialist would be who I would choose.  Good luck...and never settle for an answer that doesn't feel right to you.  You know your body--trust it.
i have the same problem i was dignosed with interstitial cystitis it is very coomon in women but one that is ignored all to often. it mimics endomytriosys and a bladder inffection it also flares up during that time of the month since i have been on meds it has stoppped alot of the pain
How long did you have these symptoms before you decided to go to the doctor. Today I am scheduled for my period but it hasn't arrived but I started having intense vaginal pressure and pain like something is trying to fall out and mild cramping. This is the first time I have experienced anything like this, should I go get checked for interstitial cystitisit?
I always had bladder pressure and irritation and finally found a way to get some relief from it. Its always got worse during that time of the month. I started with a cup of hot blueberry tea every night at bedtime, and anytime I was thirsty during the night I would take a drink of that instead of water by my nightstand, even though it was cold by then. It would sit in my bladder all night what I had drank and it settled my bladder spasms. If I had to go to the bathroom for any reason I come back and would drink a sip before going back to sleep. For the most part I did not have to get up that often to the bathroom, and in fact it became less and less of a problem. Blueberry has the same components as crannberry but not as acidic. I was using cranberry capsules to get rid of the spasms and it helped for a while, but now I am off the cranberry capsules and just drink the blueberry tea every night.
What kind of Dr. did you go to for this? I want to make an appt for these exact same symptoms, but I'm not sure if I should make it with a regular Dr. or a Gynecologist. Any help is appreciated.
I've had this weird pressure at the vaginal opening for nearly 5 months now. It started after sexual intercourse and a bubble bath. At the beginning it felt like a bladder infection, but I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription for sulfatrim. It worked for a while but now the pressure is coming back. Did anything similar happen to anyone here?