Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vaginal bleeding for 11 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Vaginal bleeding for 11 days

I started spotting on october 20th. The blood was red at first and just a few drops on my underwear. The next day I had just a few drops of pink when I wiped and no cramps or anything. the next day I had no cramps or spotting but then the following day suddenly I had a intense shooting pain felt like from my vagina to my uterus. Before I could even react it was gone! The next few days I had light brown/pink spotting when I wipped but it was still very light. I am in a monogamous relationship wiht my boyfriend ( no previous partners)  and I also had a normal pap smear two months ago. I still have the spotting and now I am on my 11 th day!  I had slight cramps with the spotting. Also I am on the pill and have been on it for over a year and this has never happened. I have not missed one pille ither. I have been urinating frequently (with no pain). Last night I was a little nautious but I never threw up. My boyfriend is convinced that I have a bladder infection but I don't think so. What would explain the spotting? (And by the way, the spotting doesnt happen when I urinate.) I don't think I'm pregnany because I am very exact with the pill i take it every night at the same exact time and have not been on any anti-biotics. I am supposed to get my period tomorrow, so I can't tell you whether or not my period will be normal yet. Please some help! I can't get into the dcotor for two more weeks! there have only been two dyas in the 11 days where I haven't spotted! What could be causing this? Any words of advice are very welcome!!
It is most likely a hormonal imbalance but could be many other things (polyps, fibroids, ovarian cyst, weight loss/gain).  Hopefully it stops after your period.  If you get it again you should mention it to your doctor.  

Good luck.
Thanks! I researched online and i think it may be related to my birth control pill. I'm on trinessa and I have read MANY women complaining about break through bleeding and such! So I'm still going to my Dr. appointment next week to make sure all is okay, and then i'm going to ask to be switched back to Ortho tri Cyclin! Thanks again!
Hi! I just wanted to tell you that I was on one type of pill for a long time like a year and a half, and all of the sudden I started doing kinda the same thing that was happening to you. Except I had a full out period for a couple weeks I think 3 and then it left for a week and then came back. After that, every pill I tryed did not work, they all did the same thing. So your body might not like the pill. I do not suggest the Depo Shot though as an alternative. It made me gain a lot of weight. No health problems or anything, but made me gain mega weight, like 60 pounds or so. Talk to your doctor and see if maybe you are ellergic to the pill. Hope everything worked out for you, or works out for you.
Are You on birth control because that can be the reason. If not you need to see a Doc. Cause you might have had a miscarriage and if you did your body can be porsoned
It sound like you are PG with a yeast infection and haveing a miscarriage.