Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vaginal bloody discharge with slight abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Since January i've been having slight abdominal pains followed by vaginal discharge (brown-ish) initially i thought that i may be on my period (again) but just realized that there is a yellow discharge with some signs of blood and slight abdominal pain. I'm currently away in a country where medical advice isn't that "trustworthy" and thus i'm wiating to go back home in 14 days -- is that going to cause a problem? how can i know if its serious?
Well I am no expert but any yellow discharge with blood should be investigate especially if you also have pains in your stomach.

You say you thought the brownish discharge may have been your period again. Does that mean you are having abnormal periods as well?

You dont say how old you are.

If your sexually active and child bearing age I would get this checked out.

A yellow discharge with some blood could indicate you have an infection and I would not leave that another 14 days to be honest.

Thats my opinion for what it is worth.

If you are having any of the symptoms below see your health care provider.
Pain
Itching
Discomfort
Rash or sores alone or with a vaginal discharge

http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/discharge.html
It sounds like you could possibly have an infection, or maybe something more serious. This would depend on what kind of pain you're going through.

Does it hurt to cough? Breathe? What about bending over, sitting up, standing, or walking? Also, where is the pain---in the stomach, or lower? These are important questions because they can point to the origin of the pain. If the pain if higher up, it's most likely GI. But if it's lower down, something couild be wrong with the colon or your reproductive system.

If you don't trust the medical system in this country, try to at least drive somewhere else that is more reliable. Otherwise, watch yourself carefully for fever, heaches, cramping, further bleeding, or weird GI symptoms until you can catch your flight. As soon as you're home, get to a hospital and get checked out. You don't want to waste any more time.

Take care and feel better!

~ Em
Hi it could be pelvic inflammatory disease which could be caused by a sexually transmitted infection that has not been treated. Or another infection that has not been transmitted. It can be very painful and needs treating fast as it can stop you from having children. It where the infection spreads to your womb and swells it up, that's why you get abdominal pain and yellow discharge. I would get it looked at fast take care hope you get it sorted.