Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vaginal itching around time of period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 201-218 comments:
I am near 40 and have had three kids natural and one c-section births. Youngest 3 1/2 and still weening the breast but has a bit at night. Cycles came back after 13 months from birth. A month after cycles returned I started these similar itching problems before and sometimes after period. I've treated internal candida but problem eventually returns again. As well as with candida/yeast infection creams in combo. Treat husband as well. Totally do the whole routine to control yeast infections from laundry to food and probiotics. I have read heaps and exhausted the doctors. After reading one of the girls experiences on here I tried something similar and wanted to share it because it has given me relief. FIrstly, I am not on the pill only a copper IUD that does not have hormones. My problem started before that was inserted. I have had trouble with yeast through my life and am aware it is imbalanced when I eat wheat and drink milk. Once I totally got rid of any of it when I removed them from my diet. Although, then it wasn't a problem around my period/cycle. So now after each application of one full course of candida cream, just to be sure, I put a layer of this all natural bees wax balm called Tui balm. It's recommended for baby's bums, skin irritations, moisture, etc. I stopped using tampons during light flow of period and made sure I put the balm on when ever I am going to use any pad. Aloe panty liners if needed. Olive oil or this balm applied externally if going to have sex. Refrained from sex until the irritation or inflammation had gotten under control. I do think that throughout the month the consistency of my vaginal discharge would vary depending on ovulation and hormones. Some of the time it could be a hostile environment for sperm to live so possibly more acidic and therefore maybe irritating to my skin. Other times with too much breast feeding or other dehydrating factors and pads or any friction would cause a problem. But with this routine I have found comfort and no longer have major itching or irritation. My discharge never was stinky or discoloured so I believe it may not have been an infection all along but just an imbalance and dryness. Some people are more sensitive than others. Also the left side was more a problem always and I found it was possibly because I lay on my left side the most and that is where the fluid would get onto. So I keep myself dry of my discharge but with the barrier balm moistened and protected. And it's not needed all month long. So hopefully this helps. I do think it may be leading into menopause or maybe my estrogen levels are being affected by age or breastfeeding.  
I also forgot to mention probiotic yogurt and at least once a day probiotic accifophillus pills. And reduce sugar, and alcohol intake ie. all yeast infection causing foods.
OH MY GOODNESS! Thank God! I'm 22, I've never had any sort of sexual encounter, I was worried that I might have genital worts or herpes, but that didn't make sense because it came and it went & I double checked to make sure that I couldn't catch herpes from a toilet seat. I don't have insurance, so I've been avoiding having to get it checked and I just started taking rePHresh tablets. Since it seems like most of you are saying that this is a pH issue, I really hope this works.
This has been happening to me for a few months now, my GP seems to think it could be allergic dermatitis and has given me a script for a steroid ointment and has told me the usual, wear cotton underwear, keep the area dry and don't use soaps or body wash to cleanse only plain water, hopefully this helps. I'll let you know if it does
Today i started my period and when i went to pee it was burning it would itch then once i would pee it would burn ?? I need help i am  only 16 and this has never happened to me before , my period is really heavy and i have cramps like crazy  what is going on ;(( someone help me ???
I too have been experiencing these symptoms which started to present themselves after the birth of my child 5 year ago and the onset of hypothyroidism.  I haven't found the "cure all" for this; however, I have been using a cortisone cream to help with the itch prescribed by the doctor (over the counter does not work for me).  I actually feel as if the over the counter remedies just cause more moisture which in turns cause more problems.  The only reason I tried this is my daughter, who is 5, is very sensitive in the groin/vaginal area and had to been seen by a gynecologist, pediatrician and dermatologist for itching.  Of all the suggestions, with no real answer, I went with the suggestion of her dermatologist.  Using Dove White soap, no fragrance in laundry, especially undergarments, and the use of a cortisone cream.  The gyno wanted her to use an estrogen cream and I was very skeptical about using it seeing how she is only 5.  I know cortisone creams can cause "thinning" of the skin with over/extended use; however, the dermatologist said it wasn't a concern due to most of it rubbing off and the dosage being low.  This could be something to ask your Doctor about...at least for the relief of the itching which in turn stops the burning and pain. I get about 75-85% relief using the cream.
It could be many things, I would suggest a doctor.  It could be a yeast infection and I believe you can now get tests over the counter to confirm if you have one before treatment.  Or, it could be the onset of a bladder infection.  With a bladder infection, it not only burns but you feel as if you constantly have to use the restroom and when you do go, you don't feel as if you completely emptied your bladder.  Many other issues could be causing your symptoms especially if you are sexually active.  If it is possible you are pregnant you really need to seek medical attention.  See a doctor my dear; I hope this helps.  
I really don't know what it could be, but since it sounds pretty definitely hormone-related (always starts a couple of days before your period, always stops a couple days in), you might try eating 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed for a month (on yogurt, in smoothies, whatever). ...I know it sounds a bit lame, but I had a mildly irregular cycle and wicked-bad PMS for the entire week before and all the way through my period for more than a year, and a naturopath told me to do the flax seed thing. My first period after I started the seeds was five days early (with absolutely zero PMS; I guess it didn't have time to get started), and the next one was exactly 28 days later, with minimal PMS. Same thing the next month: regular cycle, vastly improved symptoms. So it does seem to work on some level, and it's worth a try.

Specifics: whatever's helpful in flax seeds is pretty volatile and doesn't last long after they're ground, so buy them whole (bulk food section of any large grocery store should have them for about $2/lb). Store in a container in the refrigerator. Grind 2 tablespoons in a coffee grinder or food processor just before you want them, then put them in yogurt or a smoothie or juice and eat/drink them. They don't taste amazing, but they're not terrible either. Try it for a month to see if it makes any difference. Hope this helps!
I have started itching in my vaginal area 2 days before my period starts and I am really confused because I'm only 12 and I don't know what is going on with me I just need answers.
I'm taking the generic form of seasonique (the pill that lasts for three months before I get my period). About 1-2 weeks prior to my period, I start experiencing the irritation (swelling, dryness, small cuts).  The first time it happened, my doctor thought it was an allergic reaction and prescribed an ointment.  The ointment didn't seem to help but the irritation did eventually go away after I had my period.  

The exact same pattern has now happened multiple times so I started thinking that maybe it had something to do with the hormone levels of the pills. I originally thought that the irritation would go away when I started a new pack of pills. I did some research and found out that ALL of the seasonique pills have the exact same amount of hormone besides the final seven placebo pills.  Since the problem isn't going away bc I start a new pack of pills, I believe the problem is going away because I had my period.  

Girls, I think the key to solving this problem or reducing the amount of time you experience this irritation... is to force having your period. I asked my doctor if it would be ok to start taking the placebo pills as soon as I experience the irritation.  She said to be careful with this because if you mess with the pills incorrectly, you can get PREGNANT.  For me, she said that as long as I have taken at least 21 consecutive hormone pills, It should be ok for me to move onto the placebo pills. I'm trying this now, and it seems to be working.  So it may be worth asking your doctor about.
I have been having vulvar pain for 8 yrs now. The first time I noticed it was with the first period I had while on Seasonale. The burning comes when blood comes in contact with the skin. It's like I am literally allergic to my own blood. I read your post about Seasonique and am wondering if there is some relation to the BCPs. I am going crazy dealing with this. I have seen many Drs. I have been treated for yeast, BV, etc and nothing works. If i get some sort of relief it's usually back the next month. I just gave birth to my daughter about 3 weeks ago and during pregnancy my midwife is first medical professional to seem to listen to me, and first that had ever gotten it under control for long period of time. It had been gone for about 5 mths. Now all the sudden it is back with my post partum bleeding. Same thing, irritation where blood comes in contact with my skin. Went and saw the midwife again and she even said "it's almost like you are allergic to your own blood." They are sending me to a vulvodynia specialist, but i cant get in for 2 more months. Someone, anyone, same thing happening to you??
I am 44 years old and this used to happen to me a weel before my period and dlast throughout my period. When I was 27 years old I had to have a hystorectomy and it stopped. My Gyno told me that is was a imbalance of my hormones that caused it.

Good luck
Missy, I went to see my midwife AGAIN today, and she mentioned that she would possibly recommend a hystorectomy if I weren't planning on having more children as well. She said the only thing she can think of at this point is that my period causes my pH to go crazy because of a hormonal imbalance like you said. I guess at this point i will wait and see what the specialist says. I definitely will try to bear through the discomfort if it's a matter of us not being able to have more children I guess. Thank you for your response. Although I do not look forward to what seems like is in my future, it's comforting to know finally that I am not crazy and others have had this same issue.
I am 25 and I started having this problem and thank god I am not alone. I was starting to think I was nuts! Since I know for a fact its not a STD or yeast infection. So now I know I am not crazy and I got so tips to help! Thank you ladies!
I have had this and have been told it is Candida (yeast infection). was put on a anti-fungal cream prescribed by obgyn, and was told to eat yogurt. If you can't eat yogurt try Culturelle.
i have the same problem mine started happening  two weeks after i got my paraguard put in, an it happens right before my period an a couple days after , i have tried everything , i do not know what to do , this time before my period i have not got the itch or anything, im hoping it does not come back ..
I am 16 and this started happening like the end of my tenth grade year :O I never had sex or anything! It just started happening out of the blue... D: It's terrible and embarrassing at school when it starts itching! >:(
I started having the same problem.  About four months ago, a couple days before my period I stared to itch really bad.  At first I thought I had a yeast infection, like most of the other women who posted.  I got some OTC medication and it helped a little.  It went away a couple days after my period stared.  The next month the same thing happened, thought it was another yeast infection, but I was starting to wonder because I only had one before, and it was while I was pregnant with my son.  So, when the third month rolled around and yet again I started itching a couple days before my period, I stared to do a lot of research.  I found out it could be an over growth of bacteria (almost like a yeast infection but with out the smell and discharge).  And the reason for this over growth of bacteria is because your pH levels are not right.

So, starting from the day I stared to take two garlic capsules a day and having a small glass of cranberry juice every day to every other day.  So when month four came around, I did get a little itching but not much at all, nothing a little anti itch cream couldn't fix and it only lasted for two days.  I hope this helps.
I am going to follow the steps here and see what happens http://www.virginia.edu/studenthealth/documents/Cytolytic%20Vaginosis.pdf. Wish me luck
I have literally the exact same thing happening. Only during my period I have unbearable itch. It's sore, dry, and red down there. I'm going to see if I need to switch birth control pills, because that can cause infection. I'm also going to try & switch to tampons next menstrual cycle because I think the pad could be the culprit but its unlikely.
wow i never knew so may person suffer from this. Thanks for that healty piece of information.
This started happening to me about 6 months ago. It starts 3 to 5 days before my period. I know it is not a yeast infection and I know it is not an STD because I have gotten tested many times. Sometimes the itch is so unbearable that I have to rush from social functions to the restroom just to relieve the itch....and then it comes back 10 minutes later. I really wish it would go away but I have no idea what to do about it.
I am having a similar problem. It starts at about the 22nd day of my cycle and stops when the period starts. Its terribly itchy and makes me feel so scared about those 8-10 days before my period. I wonder if there is any cure for this, as this is not a yeast infection or STD. Really feel sad that so many of us have the same problem.. yet no solution :(
I'm a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist in Montreal and I see this all of the time. First it is important to get swabbed by an MD to ensure it is not in fact a yeast infection. If it is, it must get treated with oral diflucan and NOT canesten or monistat.

If there is no infection present (bacterial or yeast), then it may just be increased sensitivity/irritation at the vestibule, which is the opening at the vagina. Usually related to nerve hyperactivity. We call it 'vestibulodynia' (dynia-pain, vestible of the vagina). Google it :)

If this is the case, find yourself a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist in the area. They should give you a hand with this :) Applying cortisone will make things worse.

Good luck!!
I stopped using monistat many many years ago as it did the same thing to me as it does to you- felt like i was burning inside.  When I called the company they said they changed the ingredients in the monistat.  I use clotrimazole only (gynelotrimin) now & it helps relieve the itch but comes right back.   I to have the same issue of itching prior to my menstrual cycle which makes it very frustrating.  I am going to try what you tried & see if that helps.  Thanks for the comments...
I too have had this very same problem as the rest of you ladies. I am so happy to hear that I do not suffer alone! I am now 38 yrs old and was diagnosed with BV when I was in my mid 20's. About the time I met my husband 15ys. I stopped taking the prescribed meds for be stupid and a know it all (lol) I have had one more child since then, tuble then a hysterectomy due to sever fibroid. My ovaries where left due to my gyno not wanting me to go into premature menopause.while i was on the meds and my body recovering from the surgery I had no problems boy was I elated to find that the itching had stopped. I thought all was because of the fibroid and everything was cool. Boy was I wrong. At the same time I have been embarrassed to discuss this with my doctor or my husband. Why was I embarrassed to talk with my Dr. idk y I ask everything else. Now with my husband it is what it is, He is a man and just wouldn't understand. Sex for my is horrible and he thinks its him. Like many of you I dig and scratch and dig and scratch until I have very bad cuts and a rash which makes for healing impossible then it subsides. Which means it last well beyond my "cycle". the rash is still there from the itching which means it always itches it does ease up a little which gives me great relief that it is clearing up. Only until recent have I put it together with the time of my "cycle", and remembering what I was told oh so many years ago. You all have been a great help I will be trying the home remedies that you have have discussed here and will be talking to my Dr. about everything.

Thank You All

Nikki
I also have this issue its been happening to me since some time ago in 2008 I have searched and searched.  I do no have health insurance so I have come to realize I'm allergic to my period or something allergic is happening before I start.  

It starts around 2 weeks prior to my period so I get maybe 2 weeks of itch and soreness free.  Its not a lot I scratch till I bleed, I dont think my hair will ever grow back not that I care.  I do not have no std I'm not really sexually active, no yeast infections or nothing like that.  Its the lips that itch and a little around,  they swell up so big its like two hot dogs down there on each side :( I hate it and want to just die when it happens and I think to myself I must be horrible for this to happen to me all the time like this.  I have narrowed it down to my period though.  now just to figure out what I need to do to fix it......... no itch cream in the world can help with this either!!

ps I have also been treated for BV and no success.......
I have been suffering from the same condition for a while before finding this forum. Here is a website that gives you information about his condition which is called Cytolytic Vaginosis. YOU CAN READ THE BELOW ARTICLES, copied from  http://www.cytolyticvaginosis.org/causes

How does someone contract cytolytic vaginosis?

Vaginal discharge is normal for any woman beyond adolescence and puberty, but there are at times some symptoms of the vaginal discharge that are abnormal and suspicious. The lactobacilli are bacteria in the vaginal tract that are responsible for producing lactic acid to maintain the best pH. Some species of this bacterium too produce hydrogen peroxide, which has antiseptic properties. The optimum vaginal pH lies between 3.8 and 4.5.

However, when there is an overgrowth of the lactobacillus bacteria, disaster strikes; too much lactic acid strains the vaginal lining and too much hydrogen peroxide kills even the necessary microorganisms. The pH also goes to as low as 3 or, worse still, 2. This happens when the lactobacilli start converting all the glucose into lactic acid, formic acid, acetic acid, and alcohol and CO2 gas. The vaginal lining gets on the defensive and starts producing too much discharge to counteract the effect of too much lactobacillus. This discharge flows together with the acid and killed microorganisms, which makes it even more toxic. As a result, the patient feels itchy, red and swollen as they continuously pass the thick white or thin colorless discharge. This results to a condition known as cytolytic vaginosis.

Most of the times, cytolytic vaginosis is mistaken, even by medical practitioners, to be a fungal and yeast infection (Candida) or a bacterial infection. The patient therefore ends up taking all the wrong medication while the real condition hides and continues to develop. Cytolytic vaginosis is different from all the other vaginal conditions in that it is not an infection, but merely a condition whose main cause is not really known but is suspected to be imbalance of hormones and of the general ecosystem of the vaginal environment. Main causes of this imbalance include pregnancy, abortions, contraceptives and IUDs, sexual intercourse, sanitary products and hygienic standards and products.

Cytolytic vaginosis usually suppresses during menstruation because the menstrual fluid is basic, which means that the highly acidic pH is raised. However, during ovulation of at about two weeks to the menses, hell breaks loose as this condition worsens. It is often confused with bacterial vaginosis, Trichomoniasis and Candida infection.  However, the microscope test is what helps one distinguish cytolytic vaginosis from the other infections. The epithelial cells are seen to have some lactobacillus attached to them and they usually have unclear cell membranes and a pale cytoplasm. The white blood cell count is often very low, and other microorganisms like yeast are usually absent.

A thing you ought to know before you even begin to treat cytolytic vaginosis is that it is not transmitted sexually. However, you need to avoid any sexual activity during treatment, as this may worsen the condition. You should also avoid any scented sanitary pads, vaginal cleansers, powders or creams. Also, as you treat cytolytic vaginosis, avoid using tampons; many people use tampons in order to keep the odor and discharge away, but it makes things worse. Allowing the menstrual fluid to flow through actually helps in raising the pH. Avoid antibiotics, even if your doctor prescribes them, because they kill all bacteria, whether good or bad. Thus, even the bacteria preventing odor is killed, making the condition unbearable.
I have the same symptoms ! I'm only 22 and haven't had a child ! I've only ever had one sexual partner. It's so painful that I can't sleep nothing seems to be working to relieve the pain
lichen sclerosus
Um Sooo thankful to have found this site. I looked everywhere until I found this. I felt so alone, thought it was only me. I start itching three or four days before my period, the day before its the most uncomfortable I can't even sleep I have to take two showers a day to try and calm it down. I end up waking up at 5 am. I can't go to the doctor I don't have health insurance. I never thought I'd say this but I actually look forward to getting my period. In 19, and this just started about 2 months ago.
I to am so glad to have found this site. There's not a whole lot of info out there on this issue. I am 25 and started having this problem (of getting vaginal irritation) when I was 17 but it has not happened in about 4 or 5 years until now well maybe a few times in that time. :( It use to happen about two weeks before my period, it would last about 4 - 6 days, stop for a few, then I would get my period. Well I have been on methadone for the past 6 months which has caused me not to get my period for 5 months now. So I have done some research and found that the herb/vitamin called vitex (chasteberry) is a miracle in regulating almost all hormonal problems naturally for women of all ages. Well I just started taking vitex 5 days ago and the very next day I started getting irritated. I was kind of glad because it seems that the vitex is doing something to my hormones (hopefully regulating them) but the irritation has become increasingly worse! I itch, burn, and feel swollen terribly now! It was feeling like a knife going through my uterus or something when I pee but that has eased up a bit now although, I am still irritated. I know it has to be hormone related since I just started taking the herb to regulate my hormones and that's when it started. I use to get this problem a lot before my period but haven't in a few years or so. I really hope that the vitex is fixing my hormones and that's why I am having this problem so severe and also because I haven't had a period in 5 months I'm thinking maybe that's why it's so bad this time. I'm a little worried to keep taking it because the irritation is almost unbearable but I want to regulate my hormones and periods so badly. I was thinking maybe I need to keep taking it and let the irritation run its course since I'm almost certain it's hormone related. Once my hormones get back to somewhat of a normal level will the irritation stop? I'm so scared and worried :( I also found that putting 1,000 mgs or units or whatever of pure vitamin E inside your vagina will help very much with the irritation. I tried it last night and do think it has helped a bit. If anyone knows anything about vitex and if I should continue to take it to regulate my hormones/period even though since I've been taking it I have gotten so irritated? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, I really freaked out the other night when I found two little bumps on my labia minora (the inner vaginal lip) on one side. I got so terrified. I have never had anything like that and was so scared I had herpes or something God forbid but I immedietly got online and tried to find info on what it could be. I'm almost positive it was a bartholin cyst :/ it is caused from hormonal imbalances or changes. From my understanding it happens if you get irritated due to hormone problems and the little glands normally produce moisture to lubricate the vaginal opening. So I guess when you're really irritated and dry the glands do not produce the lubricant and the glands get blocked causing it to become a little bump. I was terrified to say the least! but now I am almost positive that's what I have. And I got it right when I started taking the herb to regulate my hormones and I'm really irritated and that's what causes bartholin cyst. It appears to be going away now so I'm somewhat relieved.. I can't see a doctor because I have no insurance at the moment :/ it's really a shame that in America so many people have health problems and can't see a doctor because of no health insurance and some people with insurance can't see a doctor because they can't afford the co pay. But just wanted to share my particular story in case someone is going through my exact situation. I see many women have the irritation problem but my irritation was set off from taking vitex and then on top of that it caused me to get two bumps :/ it was really scary and I'm sure many women and girls freak out and it helps to see someone too has that problem. But any advice on whether I should continue taking the vitex will really help! I want to so I can get regulated and I'm thinking I just need to get through the irritation until my hormone levels reach a normal level and it stops soon! Thanks to all for posting your stories! ;-)  
has anyone looked into candida albicans. you can have yeast overgrowth in the intestines that can actually penetrate the lining hence leaking the candida and toxins into your blood. so if it is possible to not have a traditional yeast infection in the vagina but yet have it in the intestines, hence blood, hence period then the reaction. it also cause lots of other symptons and then the treatment has its on symptons because of "die off" there is lots of questionaires online and i answered yes to most of the culprits. also, since women mention childbirth, if you got high dose antibiotics due to c-sec etc that may be the trigger. its just a theory but it affects ph so thats why most comments on here seem to be maintaining but not resolving. there is also a look to the bowel of this condition sometimes if the overgrowth is being excreted. i am addressing this issue to see if it helps cause it can affect everything in your body, bladder, liver, rectum, vagina etc yet you wont always test positive for yeast infection but i do believe there is a blood test for the candida part but i havent seen a dr yet. also, i have been treating my root chakra because i believe in a medical, natural, spiritual, chemical approach combined.
Ok...so i melted some coconut oil (virgin unrefined), mixed in baking soda, let it solidfy in fridge, molded it into little suppositories, put in freezer (covered in some wax paper), stuck one in my vagina (without paper). will do 2x a week for 2 weeks. so far RELIEF!!!!! i am also now starting an alkaline diet. this will help my pH stay balanced. no more sugars no more crap! i will take blah food over an itchy burning vagina for the rest of my life! we need to make life style changes. it starts now! i hope this helps. i pray we all find relief!
In the days before your period a lot is happening. The hormone progesterone really decreases since you aren't pregnant and the hormone estrogen slowly starts to rise again to get your ovaries ready for the next cycle of ovulation. Your body wants to maximize the chance of pregnancy (which is why birth control is SO important all the time) and so those wacky hormones are cycling, trying hard to make that happen. In the couple of days before your period, it's clear to your body that pregnancy isn't happening and the shift in hormones begins and sometimes the progesterone decreases a lot but the estrogen doesn't quite get up to speed. When this happens, your vagina can get somewhat dry and this is itchy! Once your period starts, the menstrual flow moistens things again and by the time your period is done the estrogen is kicking in and making you moist again so the itching is gone. -Dr. Molly
I am on the pill! I get this about a week before my last pill and it lasts the whole week. It is so awful and I have recently noticed it is a week before my period. I never really realized or had this but a year or so into being on the pill I know exactly when itll start and my cream doesnt do too much. :\ It ***** but I do have a doctors appt scheduled for two weeks from now and I am getting a full exam to make sure all is well.
I've always experiencing the vaginal itchiness before and during my period.
I just mix a small amount of vinegar (2-3 drops) in a lukewarm water, then, I will use it to wash my vagina.
It's effective for me.
I had a d&e in January. When I was around 15 weeks I had both a yeast infection and bladder infection that I was totally unaware of. I got my period about 8 weeks after the procedure but my cycle which was super consistent is now totally non consistent and I am getting yeast infections and bladder infections for the duration of my cycle... Not just when I'm bleeding. This time around I've not started my period but itching and burning was too much too handle. I had to buy a Monistat kit. I have an appointment on Monday with my obgyn but I can't stand it so I broke down and bought something OTC. I have never been on be because it messes with my hormones but now I'm wondering if the procedures has screwed me up and my hormones have shifted. I'll talk to the dr about a bc pill but the yeast infections, nausea and constant bladder infections are new as of April 2013.
It sounds like hormonal issues, especially since you periods are heavy. My recommendation would be to investigate kokoro progesterone cream it helped my daughter even her mood swings, its a natural remedy.
First of all, Thank heavens I'm not the only one!!

Second of all, It's really overwhelming to see over 200 comments of women having the same issue as me, but no one can find the answer. I'm off to the doctor this week to see what he says. I am 25 and I've had this issue for about 8 months. Actually now that I think about it, about the same time I started having issues with my birth control. (way too long periods, or periods only 2 weeks apart) I use the Nuvaring. I wonder if that has something to do with it. A lot of people mentioned hormonal imbalances which would make sense. I will post what my doctor says.
There is another natural supplement that regulates and helps with all kinds of female problems;  Sepia.
    Hope it helps you.
I have had this problem for 5 years, which started shortly after the birth of my daughter. I have seen several docs about it with no resolution. One said it was a yeast infection.... Really? Every month exactly one week before period it is a yeast infection? She told me to use vagisil. I did... It doesn't work.... I'm so tired of dealing with this after 5 years!
im having similar symptoms its like dont know how to describe it i think im allergic to the tampons my mom bought me or somethig because its super itchy and swolllen but then when i wake up the swelling stops and the itching is very mild i also have PCOS do you think that could be related to this?
I  am experiencing the same problem.. i am 17..havent had intercourse with anyone.... so no question of std.
N i have been going through this since a year( happens everymonth a week before my periods.)
Due to the itch i end up rubbing n itching so bad that i develop cuts near my vaginal area... and it become painful while peeing n washing. The clitoris is red n swollen during this time... anybody with a solution to this problem- pls help!!
I get the samething!! Itchy feeling when I'm ovulating and before getting my period!!. I recently had a yearly exam everything was fine including no stds ... very fustrating... my obgyn says its just part if my cycle...I usually shower to help with the itch. It works a little.
The same Is happening to me right as we speak. I just started my cycle today, and right before It started I was having horrible burning and itching. It hasn't subsided yet. Last time I went to my doctor he told me it was the unbalanced hormones causing this pain and itching. He put me on some cream, and It does seem to work for a little bit, but It always comes back the next month. I am so frustrated. I'm sick of being in pain every month. I am even on birth control. I figured that would at least balance It out.
Im 15 year old and this happens to me but i never had sex before .. i know its not a yeast infection because i gotten checked .. but it itches mostly at night , and it becomes hard for me to fall asleep because its very uncomfortable
Viewing 201-218 comments: