Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vein bulging quite swollen in top of left foot, no trauma sudden onset ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Vein bulging quite swollen in top of left foot, no trauma sudden onset

I suddenly felt a burning pinch in my left foot.  I had no shoe on at the time was sitting on couch watching TV.  There is pain in the area, feels like my vein wants to blowout.  I'm kinda scared but I don't have insurance and don't want to go to emergency if its not life threatening.  How can I tell if it is a clot or an aneurysm. Should I elevate or massage the vein?
most definitaly do NOT massage this area. you could have pinched a nerve or your vein, either would cause a lot of pain and swelling. even though you were not up on your feet this could have happened just by moving your foot the wrong way. elavate your foot, and keep it above your heart, and ice it 20 mins of every hour.
Thanks for the response.  I have the "pins & needles" sensation in both my calves.  The artery in my across the top of my foot has went down and I just have two quarter size areas on either side of vein were the blood pooled a bit under my skin.  I guess that whatever was hard in my vein moved through and I was lucky.  

I've had trouble be since approx 4 years age with my legs getting that exhausted feeling whenever I climb stairs and have trouble going more than one up-flight at a time.  I believe my symptoms are best matched w/ PAD but 2 seperate doctors in the past 4 years have dismissed my concerns about the pain and exhaustion in my legs.  The 1st one, man, said I should exercise, I only weigh 118.  The second, woman, said she was more concerned with my heart rate of 122.  However, that is a normal relaxed state for me.  She should check it when my daughters get me upset.  (haha)

I just turned 40 in January but have a history (grandma - deceased due to clot, mother, & brother both have blood clotting & take thinners.  Anyway, I work but don't have insurance.  I bought adult low dose asprin 81 mg to take each day.  Gonna pray and try to hold out.   However the sensations in both my calves is un-nerving to the point I may have to go to a clinic.  But if it something like PAD or DVT I can't afford to treat it anyway.