Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Vertigo and burning/tingling in hands and feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been experiencing the craziest symptoms for the past 7 months.  It all started last November 2011 when I began experiencing "pins and needles" in both of my feet.  It felt like my feet had lost circulation and the blood was returning.  The sensation continued periodically throughout the day.  Since that day I've had the sensation 80-90% of the day everyday.  In January 2012, the sensation traveled to my hands as well.  Not only do I have "pins and needles" sensation, but my hands and feet feel HOT inside.  My general doctor tested me for Lyme disease, diabetes and all autoimmune diseases.  I tested negative for everything except RA.  I tested positive for Rheumatoid Factor, but I have no symptoms of RA.  I have no pain what so ever.  My family doctor referred me to a Rheumotologist who I evaluated me and said I'm just a carrier of RA (it runs in my family) and I may never have symptoms.  He said that he was unable to diagnose the symptoms in my hands/ feet, so he referred me to a Neurologist.  In the meantime, my general doctor sent me in to have an MRI and CATSCAN of my brain to check for lesions, a tumor etc.  The tests came back normal.    In April 2012, just prior to my 1st visit to the Neurologist, I woke up one morning and felt like the entire room was spinning.  This went on for 3 weeks.  During the 3 weeks, i was evaluated by a Neurologist.  She said that i had vertigo which was probably due to a piece of calcium being dislodged in the inner ear and it would subside on it's own.  She was not at all concerned with my brain after looking at my MRI results.  She could not explain the pins/needles in my feet.  A couple of days later, the vertigo stopped as suddenly as it came on.  I continued to have the symptoms in my hands/ feet and I had to have an answer as it was driving me crazy.  Next, I  saw an endocrinologist who tole me that my thyroid was slightly low, but it would not be causing any of my symptoms.  He said it was so slight, that he would not treat it.  On June 7th, 2012, I began having vertigo again. It's pretty severe and is 24/7.  The only time I get a break is when I'm sleeping.  I saw an ENT a couple of days ago and he doesn't believe I have an inner ear problem.  He looked into my ears , gave me a hearing test and scheduled an inner ear test next week to be sure.  I am a 43 year old woman who is in very good physical shape.  I eat extremely healthy (organic meat, chicken, fish, veggies, fruit,nuts and seeds ONLY!!!) and I workout 5 days a week (cross fit, running, strength training and biking).  Today, my left eye became extremely blurry for 10-20 seconds. I am extremely dizzy, spinning and my hands and feet are on fire with a sensation of shooting electricity running through them.  What in the world is wrong with me and why can't any doctor figure it out.  I am so desperate.  I'm praying that somebody
has had similar symptoms and can give me some advise on what kind of doctor to see next!
Tags: vertigo
1 Comment
I get tingling and it is usually a circulation problem. It just might me neurological. Ask your doctor about Neurontin